[BPQ32] Readdress @BBS?

  • Dave Webb
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
      Does anybody have any idea on how to automatically readdress an @BBS
      field from a classic BBS system such as MSYS so it can be forwarded to a
      Winlink address???
      73
      Dave
      WB2HVF
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
        Dave

        I am guessing you are connecting to a station running one of the WL2K
        problems via RF, the problem
        you will run into is as an example RMS connection, MSYS would need to
        send the B2 protocol
        without B2 protocol it will just disconnect, I don't know of any BBS
        Program except for BPQMailChat
        that is B2 compatible, re-addressing would be another problem, FBB will
        re-address a message and
        I would have to do some digging into MSYS but I think MSYS will
        re-address a message, but you
        will still be faced with the B2 Protocol problem.

        Mike-N9PMO

        field from a classic BBS system such as MSYS so it can be forwarded to a

        Winlink address???
        73
        Dave
        WB2HVF

        -----
        No virus found in this message.
        03/01/12
      • Dave Webb
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
          Mike
          The MSYS bbs will be originating the message. It only allows 6 characters each in the address and the @BBS field.
          That BBS will be sending messages for refile to Winlink. I have RMS Packet on my BPQ node. I would like to set it up so if he sends a message to a specific callsign with an @ BBS of, lets say @EEI, it will get converted to @... at my bbs.
          73
          Dave

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
            Dave

            It has been a while since I used MSYS, last was to experiment with MSYS
            and BPQ32 on one machine
            let me look into MSYS files, will get back to you.

            Mike-N9PMO

            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
              I have been looking and can't find
              Where can I get a list of what the <rr c p r4> stuff stands for??
              hoping to learn   Buster kg9nd

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 2, 2012

                Buster,

                The formal ax.25 Version 2.0 spec is at http://www.tapr.org/pub_ax25.html

                It is fairly heavy reading, but explains everything.