RE: [BPQ32] BPQAPRS Map Problem

  • D R Mynatt
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 29, 2012
      Works fine and probably will last a long time.  Thanks, John!

      Dave
      KA0SWT

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
        Does anybody have any idea on how to automatically readdress an @BBS
        field from a classic BBS system such as MSYS so it can be forwarded to a
        Winlink address???
        73
        Dave
        WB2HVF
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
          Dave

          I am guessing you are connecting to a station running one of the WL2K
          problems via RF, the problem
          you will run into is as an example RMS connection, MSYS would need to
          send the B2 protocol
          without B2 protocol it will just disconnect, I don't know of any BBS
          Program except for BPQMailChat
          that is B2 compatible, re-addressing would be another problem, FBB will
          re-address a message and
          I would have to do some digging into MSYS but I think MSYS will
          re-address a message, but you
          will still be faced with the B2 Protocol problem.

          Mike-N9PMO

          field from a classic BBS system such as MSYS so it can be forwarded to a

          Winlink address???
          73
          Dave
          WB2HVF

          -----
          No virus found in this message.
          03/01/12
        • Dave Webb
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
            Mike
            The MSYS bbs will be originating the message. It only allows 6 characters each in the address and the @BBS field.
            That BBS will be sending messages for refile to Winlink. I have RMS Packet on my BPQ node. I would like to set it up so if he sends a message to a specific callsign with an @ BBS of, lets say @EEI, it will get converted to @... at my bbs.
            73
            Dave

            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
              Dave

              It has been a while since I used MSYS, last was to experiment with MSYS
              and BPQ32 on one machine
              let me look into MSYS files, will get back to you.

              Mike-N9PMO

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 1, 2012
                I have been looking and can't find
                Where can I get a list of what the <rr c p r4> stuff stands for??
                hoping to learn   Buster kg9nd

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 2, 2012

                  Buster,

                  The formal ax.25 Version 2.0 spec is at http://www.tapr.org/pub_ax25.html

                  It is fairly heavy reading, but explains everything.