Proxy

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2012
      Hi John,

      As below from XROUTER, is there any chance BPQ32 could have
      something similar ??

      It would make it a lot easier for Linux users to interface with LinFBB.

      ---------- From the Xrouter Doc`s.

      - Added proxies to allow L2 and TCP/IP systems to be proxied onto NetRom,
      i.e. to give them a L4 visibility. These are activated by new
      global PROXY= commands in XROUTER.CFG as follows:

      The first form is for Netrom->TCP and the second is for NetRom->Ax25.
      Note that the password is not used in the Netrom->ax25 case. I'm
      not sure I agree with giving every Tom, Dick and Harry ax25 system a
      L4 presence because the node tables are already full enough!
      The optional [pass] argument can be up to 8 characters, and is sent
      after the callsign on the first line sent upon connection, to verify
      that the connection is coming from the proxy. Examples:

      PROXY=gb7pzt kdrbbs 150 192.168.0.4 8888 mypass
      PROXY=mb7uyl tstbbs 120 g8pzt-3 7

      If you wish the TCP/IP system to be visible to AX25 but not Netrom,
      set the quality to zero.

      ----------

      Regards ..... Peter
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2012

        Peter,

        I’ll have a look and see how difficult this would be, although I’m no really sure what problem it is trying to solve. Doesn’t the Linux Kernel have netrom support?

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
          On 06/03/12 04:07, John Wiseman wrote:

          Peter,

          I’ll have a look and see how difficult this would be, although I’m no really sure what problem it is trying to solve. Doesn’t the Linux Kernel have netrom support?

          Hi John,

                      yes the kernal has Netrom support, may have to setup the linux node but that is limited in what it can do.

          Regards ..... Peter