Re: BPQ32 running now..

  • ve7ihl
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 22, 2005
      > I am a little skeptical about an installer program, because in
      practice
      > BPQ32 may require frequent reconfiguration due to a changing user
      > environment. While the bpqcfg.txt file does at first glance seem
      > complex, it is very complete. A graphical interface to set all of
      this
      > would be quite big, and I think it would be ackward. That's my
      > opinion. At least right now.

      Thanks for the reply Ron.

      As far as the installer goes, it would help new people who are
      getting started, and not sure what to setup. The configuration would
      be made as simple as possible, and would just essentially use
      a "full" BPQCFG.Txt file (filled with all the examples that are
      already in it).
      It would be an optional item in the installer that would just ask
      them a few simple questions like:
      - number of COM ports attached to TNC's
      - which com port to which TNC is connected
      - ax.25 callsign to use and SSID
      - netrom aliaes names
      - beacon ID text.

      And then default everything else. They would still get everything
      they get now, it would just be organized into a nice single EXE
      installer they can run.

      It actually is not too hard to do with the NSIS tool.

      I'll leave the issue for now, it was just a suggestion, and perhaps
      a way I could help out a bit.

      Regards, and I'll let all know how it goes with the F6FBB (win32
      version) install.

      Lane
      VE7IHL
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 6, 2006
        Hi John,
        I replaced the the earlier (jan.) with your new one, i am not sure how to cfg. the
        ports in the bpqcfg.txt  with wimfbb 7.01A

        i have the UNPROTO=MAIL in the ports 1, 2, and 3 statement, port 4 is my
        axip port, in the statement for port 4 I left out the UNPROTO=, then i tried
        UNPROTO=0 it still send a beacon out on port 4, also is there a way to include
        a Via in just one port? I tried UNPROTO=MAIL V IQP on port 3 with no luck,
        in each case i ran the bpqcfg.exe as it is now I have to have the Via in the Beacon1.txt in WinFBB..

        Mike/N9PMO