2 PC's BBS to Cluster via AXIP

  • g3ldi
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
      Hi.

      If anybody can help with the AXIP CFG file, I would be grateful.

      I am running FBB32 on one PC fronted by BPQ32. I have another PC with
      the CCC CLuster Node running on it. I wish my users to be able to
      connect to the Cluster via my Node, SWAR. I did have this working once
      and then it stopped for some reason, probably me messing around with
      the above file! I can Telnet from one machine to the other, both are
      on the LAN, and despite hours spent fiddling, the CLuster is not
      available. The message I have when trying is "ALL Ports in use, please
      try later" .
      ANy help very much appreciated. I can attach my AXIPCFG file if
      necessary.

      73 de Confused of Swardeston! Roger, G3LDI
    • David Calder
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
        Roger,

        Please send me your file. I am trying to do "exactly" the same thing. Maybe two
        heads are better than one.

        73 Dave
        n4zkf
        BBS
        bbs.n4zkf.com
        cluster
        dxc.n4zkf.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
          Roger,

          You did not mention whether or not you were running BPQ32 in your
          Cluster PC. I am assuming you are. However make sure you have
          AGWtoBPQ running BEFORE you start your cluster software. The error
          message that you sent is indicative of the fact that AGWtoBPQ is not
          running.

          You should be able to run both applications in one machine. Guess that
          would be my other question.

          I have BPQ32 running along with FBB and DxNet on one PC and its an old
          machine running win98se

          Karl
          KB8DM

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "g3ldi" <g3ldi@...> wrote:

          > Hi.
          >
          > If anybody can help with the AXIP CFG file, I would be grateful.
          >
          > I am running FBB32 on one PC fronted by BPQ32. I have another PC with
          > the CCC CLuster Node running on it. I wish my users to be able to
          > connect to the Cluster via my Node, SWAR. I did have this working once
          > and then it stopped for some reason, probably me messing around with
          > the above file! I can Telnet from one machine to the other, both are
          > on the LAN, and despite hours spent fiddling, the CLuster is not
          > available. The message I have when trying is "ALL Ports in use, please
          > try later" .
          > ANy help very much appreciated. I can attach my AXIPCFG file if
          > necessary.
          >
          > 73 de Confused of Swardeston! Roger, G3LDI

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007

             Karl,

                        Tell me more about DXNET… What is it??

            73 jerry n9lya

          • David Calder
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
              It's a version of DX Cluster software. Like CC Cluster and AR Cluster, DX Spider.

              Dave

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
                Dave answered my question before I could respond. Our ARES group here
                in the metro area is using DxNet as ARES communication method. I have
                it on my machine so that Bulletins that come in on FBB that relate to
                ARES can be forewarded to the ARES cluster here. I don't think its the
                right application for ARES but oh well.

                I can send you a copy of it. There is very minimal support and it too
                like many others were created in France. Documentation is there and
                with a bit of help can be set up. I made add another cluster to my
                switch and tie it to the other clusters on the AXIP

                Karl

                > Karl,
                >
                > Tell me more about DXNET. What is it??
                >

                > 73 jerry n9lya

              • g3ldi
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
                  Hi Karl.

                  Many thanks for the reply.

                  Yes, I do have BPQ32 running on the Cluster PC. However, I did not
                  have AGWtoBPQ running. I have now started that, and rebooted the
                  CLuster. I still cannot connect from the BBS machine via the Node.
                  Do the Winscok ports have to be the same in both AGW programs? I am
                  running the AGW on the BBS machine and I will try experimenting with
                  the Winsock port numbers. The problem is that I don't fully
                  understand the AXIPCFG file. I have tried several different
                  configurations in there.

                  What I really need to find is somebody with the same configuration
                  as myself and then crib their CFG file!!

                  Well, at least you have shown me one thing I had wrong. Thanks again.

                  73 de Roger, G3LDI

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
                    Hi Dave.

                    I think I need three heads!! This is really confusing me. It would
                    be better if I understood AXIP I think Dave.
                    Anyway, I am sending you my AXIPCFG file and as you see, I have
                    tried lots of things in there! If you can add any suggestions, I am
                    listening! I was not running AGWtoBPQ, forgot to invoke that, but
                    although that is now running, still no luck here. If I have any, I
                    will let you know.

                    73 de Roger, G3LDI

                    ; Config file for BPQAXIP N5IN BPQ32 Node
                    MHEARD ;Opens AXIP MHEARD window
                    UDP 10093 ;Listens for UDP packets on this port
                    number
                    MAP N5IN-3 DXSPOTS.COM UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES DXSPOTS.COM UDP 10093
                    MAP VE3KPG-2 VE3EMA.MINE.NU UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES VE3EMA.MINE.NU UDP 10093
                    MAP KB8DM-5 KB8DM.NO-IP.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES KB8DM.NO-IP.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP KB9RRX-2 KB9RRX.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES KB9RRX.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP N9PMO-2 N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP KC8GKF-2 KC8GKF.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES KC8GKF.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP VE3UIL-7 VE3UIL.NO-IP.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES VE3UIL.NO-IP.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP KC9S-1 216.175.51.146 UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES 216.175.51.146 UDP 10093
                    MAP W9BBS W9BBS.NO-IP.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES W9BBS.NO-IP.ORG UDP 10093
                    MAP GB7VLS GB7VLS.ATH.CX UDP 10093
                    MAP G4VLS-6 GB7VLS.ATH.CX UDP 10093
                    MAP NODES GB7VLS.ATH.CX UDP 10093
                    MAP VE3KPG-2 VE3EMA.MINE.NU UDP 10093
                    ;
                    ; # Optional. Enables UDP support, and ;defines
                    ; # the port AX.IP listens on
                    ;
                    MHEARD
                    UDP 6300
                    MAP G3LDI 192.168.123.112 UDP 6300
                    MAP NODES 192.168.123.112 UDP 6300
                    #MAP SWAR9 192.168.123.113 UDP 7000
                    MAP NODES 192.168.123.113 UDP 6300
                    #MAP G3LDI-9 192.168.123.113 UDP 7000
                    MAP GB7RDX-1 g3ldi.shacknet.nu UDP 7000
                    MAP GB7VLS GB7VLS.ATH.CX UDP 6300
                    MAP G4VLS-6 GB7VLS.ATH.CX UDP 6300
                    #MAP NODES GB7VLS.ATH.CX UDP 6300
                    ;
                    ; # Use UDP encapulation, send to port
                    ; # 6300
                    UDP 7000
                    MAP GB7RDX-1 g3ldi.shacknet.nu UDP 7000
                    #MAP GB7RDX-1 192.168.123.113 7000
                    ;It is OK to mix Raw IP and UDP encapsulation, and to use a different
                    ;port for different destinations,

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 10, 2007
                      I run a AR Cluster node and a CC Cluster node both. The CC is in alpha testing
                      but it works awesome and fast compared to some.

                      dxc.n4zkf.com  is a telnet to my AR node and
                      dxc.n4zkf.com port 7373 is telnet to my CC node.
                      bbs.n4zkf.com is the telnet to my FBB bbs.

                      You can also obtain the CC software from VE7CC (Lee) at

                      The user software is at

                      Commands are at

                      Now, I just need to get it to talk to my BPQ.

                      73 Dave
                      n4zkf

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Jerry" <n9lya@...> wrote:

                      > Karl,
                      >
                      > Tell me more about DXNET. What is it??
                      >

                      > 73 jerry n9lya

                    • g3ldi
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 16, 2007
                        Hi Dave.

                        I was wondering if you had had any luck at all ?

                        I have now managed to get the two nodes to talk to each other,
                        with even more fiddling of the AXIPCFG file.
                        However, I still get the same message come up when I try to connect
                        to the Cluster. "ALL DX ports busy, pleae try later". That is
                        beginning to frustrate me now! I cannot see what else to do.

                        Let me know if you have any success!

                        73 de Roger, G3LDI