Re: HELP

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2007
      Hi M1ORSN,

      The ZL1AB BBS PC runs DOS 6.22 old BPQ (16 bit) 10 port Packet
      switch, an ethernet card & F6FBB DOS BBS V7 program quite happily. I
      think it's only a 486.
      I go along one a month & back up the main HDD to the other HDD,
      delete the old mail & bulletins, kill old Sysop messages & reboot.
      The only thing that goes wrong is a HDD failing once every couple of
      years.
      The sole means of access is the Ethernet card that plugs into
      another DOS 486 PC running Xrouter. That PC has three serial ports
      with TNCs + radios attached and an Ethernet card.

      Being an unmanned operation in a Civil Defence Emergency Management
      Headquarters building it has to run well. The building has a back up
      generator hooked into the power supply.

      73 de Michael ZL1ABS

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Melnik" <m.melnik@...> wrote:

      > Hi Miorsn
      >

      > It is unfortunate that DOS programs use you so much (Processor
      usage) not so
      > much an memory problem
      >
      > I think your problem is the combination of two or more DOS programs
      running
      > at the same time, I am sorry
      >
      > I don't have an answer for you how to solve the problem, hopefully
      one of
      > the other BPQ users running DOS
      >
      > Can help you out.
      >

      > 73-Mike Melnik
      >
      > N9PMO

      Behalf Of
      > mi0rsn
      > Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 3:29 PM
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: HELP
      >

      > Hi Mike the version of BPQ I am useing is 409d my problem is when
      I start
      > BPQ the whole computor locks up and I think it is a memory problem
      the
      > computer is a pentium 2 with 256 of memory,dos 6.22 and nabbs
      >

      > 73 - MI0RSN

      25/06/2007