Re: HELP

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2007
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "mi0rsn" <mi0rsn@...> wrote:
      MI0RSN

      We more information as to what you are using BPQ for, what version of
      BPQ? and what other programs you are running with BPQ?

      Mike Melnik
      N9PMO

      > Hi,is there anyone that could help me with the set up of bbq.Got
      he software set up with the help of John.The computer tells me that
      there is not enough memory to run it.I am running everything in
      device high and dos 622.I have about 600k of memory left, but it
      won't run on it.If you have any ideas what I am doing wrong please
      would you e mail me at mi0rsn@...
      > Thankyou for your assistance.
      >
      > 73- MI0RSN

    • mi0rsn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 25, 2007
        Hi Mike  the version of BPQ I am useing is 409d  my problem is when I start BPQ the whole computor locks up and I think it is a memory problem the computer is a pentium 2 with 256 of memory,dos 6.22 and nabbs

        73 - MI0RSN
        We more information as to what you are using BPQ for, what version of
        BPQ? and what other programs you are running with BPQ?

        Mike Melnik
        N9PMO

        > Hi,is there anyone that could help me with the set up of bbq.Got
        he software set up with the help of John.The computer tells me that
        there is not enough memory to run it.I am running everything in
        device high and dos 622.I have about 600k of memory left, but it
        won't run on it.If you have any ideas what I am doing wrong please
        would you e mail me at mi0rsn@...
        > Thankyou for your assistance.
        >
        > 73- MI0RSN

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 26, 2007

          Hi Miorsn

          It is unfortunate that DOS programs use you so much (Processor usage) not so much an memory problem

          I think your problem is the combination of two or more DOS programs running at the same time, I am sorry

          I don’t have an answer for you how to solve the problem, hopefully one of the other BPQ users running DOS

          Can help you out.

          73-Mike Melnik

          N9PMO

          Hi Mike  the version of BPQ I am useing is 409d  my problem is when I start BPQ the whole computor locks up and I think it is a memory problem the computer is a pentium 2 with 256 of memory,dos 6.22 and nabbs

          73 - MI0RSN

          We more information as to what you are using BPQ for, what version of
          BPQ? and what other programs you are running with BPQ?

          Mike Melnik
          N9PMO

          > Hi,is there anyone that could help me with the set up of bbq.Got
          he software set up with the help of John.The computer tells me that
          there is not enough memory to run it.I am running everything in
          device high and dos 622.I have about 600k of memory left, but it
          won't run on it.If you have any ideas what I am doing wrong please
          would you e mail me at mi0rsn@...
          > Thankyou for your assistance.
          >
          > 73- MI0RSN

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • Michael
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2007
            Hi M1ORSN,

            The ZL1AB BBS PC runs DOS 6.22 old BPQ (16 bit) 10 port Packet
            switch, an ethernet card & F6FBB DOS BBS V7 program quite happily. I
            think it's only a 486.
            I go along one a month & back up the main HDD to the other HDD,
            delete the old mail & bulletins, kill old Sysop messages & reboot.
            The only thing that goes wrong is a HDD failing once every couple of
            years.
            The sole means of access is the Ethernet card that plugs into
            another DOS 486 PC running Xrouter. That PC has three serial ports
            with TNCs + radios attached and an Ethernet card.

            Being an unmanned operation in a Civil Defence Emergency Management
            Headquarters building it has to run well. The building has a back up
            generator hooked into the power supply.

            73 de Michael ZL1ABS

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Melnik" <m.melnik@...> wrote:

            > Hi Miorsn
            >

            > It is unfortunate that DOS programs use you so much (Processor
            usage) not so
            > much an memory problem
            >
            > I think your problem is the combination of two or more DOS programs
            running
            > at the same time, I am sorry
            >
            > I don't have an answer for you how to solve the problem, hopefully
            one of
            > the other BPQ users running DOS
            >
            > Can help you out.
            >

            > 73-Mike Melnik
            >
            > N9PMO

            Behalf Of
            > mi0rsn
            > Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 3:29 PM
            > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: HELP
            >

            > Hi Mike the version of BPQ I am useing is 409d my problem is when
            I start
            > BPQ the whole computor locks up and I think it is a memory problem
            the
            > computer is a pentium 2 with 256 of memory,dos 6.22 and nabbs
            >

            > 73 - MI0RSN

            25/06/2007