BPQ32 running now..
I have managed to get the BPQ32 stuff starting to run under Windows
XP. The last time I had used BPQ was in the days of DOS 6.2, so it
has been a long time! I was kind of hoping that there would be a
windows installer available so I could just run a single exe, answer
a few questions and have it all running.
If there was interest, I could use the NSIS windows installer tool
and create an installer for BPQ32. It could be as simple as just
extract and copy the files to the default location on the hard
drive, or it could also ask the user some questions, have them fill
in some fields (Call signs, node ids, etc) and create a starting
BPQCFG.Txt file and run the BPCCfg.exe utility for them. Let me know
if this would be usefull.
A few questions for the BPQ32 experts out there:
- When you run BPQ32.Exe, it opens a 2nd DOS window, leaving two of
them open. Is this the normal way to start it up?
- There is both a BPqmon32 and BPQterminal program. Which one does
most people use?
- The AGWtoBPQ.exe program, is this normally run after loading
BPQ32.exe ? Is this an additional input interface into the node?
- Is AGWto BPQ.exe what I should be using with WinFBB32?
Thanks for your help
- Hi John,I replaced the the earlier (jan.) with your new one, i am not sure how to cfg. theports in the bpqcfg.txt with wimfbb 7.01Ai have the UNPROTO=MAIL in the ports 1, 2, and 3 statement, port 4 is myaxip port, in the statement for port 4 I left out the UNPROTO=, then i triedUNPROTO=0 it still send a beacon out on port 4, also is there a way to includea Via in just one port? I tried UNPROTO=MAIL V IQP on port 3 with no luck,in each case i ran the bpqcfg.exe as it is now I have to have the Via in the Beacon1.txt in WinFBB..Mike/N9PMO----- Original Message -----From: John WisemanSent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:17 AMSubject: [BPQ32] BPQ32 with WinFBB 7.01.35I've just uploaded a new bpq.dll for use with WinFBB 7.01.35, to
replace the one I posted on 31st March. This adds a means of
controlling which ports are used by WinFBB for sending UI messages.