AGWtoBPQ

  • kb2scs@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
      Hi All
      I am having trouble interfacing
      my packet program with BPQ32.
      My packet program works with AGWPE.
      So it should work with BPQ32 through AGWtoBPQ.

      I have configured a kiss port in BPQ32.
      I have configured AGWtoBPQ

      So that I can test my software I have two KPC3 TNC's radio ports
      wired together. This way I can roll my chair between stations.

      First Station KB2SCS-3 is running BPQ32,AGWtoBPQ and
      KB2SCS is the call sign of my packet program

      Second Station KB2SCS-5 is only running my packet program.

      Note if I run my program or hyperterminal on both stations in any
      combination I am able to connect kb2scs to kb2scs-5 or connect
      kb2scs-5 to kb2scs

      Here is what happens with BPQ.

      The KB2SCS (the BPQ32/AGWtoBPQ) station can connect to the KB2SCS-5
      station.
      Once connected both stations are able to send packets back and
      fourth via each stations keyboards.

      The reverse does not work.
      If KB2SCS-5 tries to connect to KB2SCS the connection fails.
      My program when in AGWPE mode has a window that opens showing
      the packet control frames.
      I can see the connect request frame from KB2SCS-5 but
      AGWtoBPQ does not send the UA frame to my packet program nor does
      it sent the UA frame to KB2SCS-5.
      KB2SCS-5 simply times out.

      KB2SCS-5 is able to connect to KB2SCS-3.
      KB2SCS-3 is the BPQ32 node call sign which is running on the
      KB2SCS station.

      So what am I doing wrong?
      Thank you for your time in reading this rather long E-Mail.
      Any help will be greatly appreciated.

      Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
      73 DE John KB2SCS
      Packet: KB2SCS@WA2PNU,#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
      E-Mail: kb2scs@...
      Web Page: http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012

        You left out one important detail, what packet program are you using?

        Mike-N9PMO
        Web www.n9pmo.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
          Hi Mike
          The "My Packet Program"
          in my earlier E-Mail refers to a packet program that
          I coded. It is called EcomScs.

          The problem is AGWtoBPQ is not sending the
          UA frame when it receives a connect request frame.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
            John,

            My guess is you missed this bit of the docs:

            If your applications(s) receive incoming connections, you must specify the number of sessions to allocate for them, and the BPQ application number(s) to be used. The Applications are specified as a bit mask, so if Applications 1 and 5 use the AGW interface set mask to 0x11. The callsign defined to the AGW application program must match the corresponding APPLnCALL in BPQCFG.TXT.

            So you need an APPLICATION defininition for the call you are want to use to connect to your application

            So you could have

            APPLICATION 3,MYAPP,,KB2SCS,,0 and set APPLMASK in AGWtoBPQ to 4.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
              Hi John
              Thank you so much.
              Everything is wonderful with the world again.

              Again thank you for your help and all that you do.