BPQ32 running now..

  • ve7ihl
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 22, 2005
      OK,
      I have managed to get the BPQ32 stuff starting to run under Windows
      XP. The last time I had used BPQ was in the days of DOS 6.2, so it
      has been a long time! I was kind of hoping that there would be a
      windows installer available so I could just run a single exe, answer
      a few questions and have it all running.

      If there was interest, I could use the NSIS windows installer tool
      and create an installer for BPQ32. It could be as simple as just
      extract and copy the files to the default location on the hard
      drive, or it could also ask the user some questions, have them fill
      in some fields (Call signs, node ids, etc) and create a starting
      BPQCFG.Txt file and run the BPCCfg.exe utility for them. Let me know
      if this would be usefull.

      A few questions for the BPQ32 experts out there:
      - When you run BPQ32.Exe, it opens a 2nd DOS window, leaving two of
      them open. Is this the normal way to start it up?
      - There is both a BPqmon32 and BPQterminal program. Which one does
      most people use?
      - The AGWtoBPQ.exe program, is this normally run after loading
      BPQ32.exe ? Is this an additional input interface into the node?
      - Is AGWto BPQ.exe what I should be using with WinFBB32?

      Thanks for your help

      Lane, VE7IHL
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 6, 2006
        Hi John,
        I replaced the the earlier (jan.) with your new one, i am not sure how to cfg. the
        ports in the bpqcfg.txt  with wimfbb 7.01A

        i have the UNPROTO=MAIL in the ports 1, 2, and 3 statement, port 4 is my
        axip port, in the statement for port 4 I left out the UNPROTO=, then i tried
        UNPROTO=0 it still send a beacon out on port 4, also is there a way to include
        a Via in just one port? I tried UNPROTO=MAIL V IQP on port 3 with no luck,
        in each case i ran the bpqcfg.exe as it is now I have to have the Via in the Beacon1.txt in WinFBB..

        Mike/N9PMO