Re: MSYS Forwarding through BPQ Telnet

  • n9lya
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
      Hi Mike..

      Jerry here N9LYA
      I think we spoke before.. I recognize the call.. Getting old and
      grey.. Memory not what it used to be.. Only 44 and suffer from "old
      Timers" lol.. No Offense to anyone..

      MSYS will do TELNET connects and forwarding.. Its in the manual for
      V1.18 Just enough info it took me several days to work it out..

      Example..
      You set DR to the call and port that the BPQ PC is running on and have
      it connected to the INEt and no problem.. When I inherited the job of
      SYSOP of W9QYQ they forwarded with K9iu over 9600 Baud 440... Well
      K9IU went off air.. I was in need of bulls.. For short time til I got
      our HF ports installed I used my station at home.. To forward mail in
      both directions with another ham with the above setup.. I did not
      setup the BPQ side as I had no knowledge of it.. (Still not got a
      lot).. But I did setup the MSYS Side..
      I can supply msysfwd.def entries that will work.. Or at least did
      using BPQ DOS.. 4.08 I think.. But I have no idea how to do the BPQ
      side of the internet connection..

      73 Jerry N9LYA

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:

      > Karl
      > MSYS has a Null Modem that can be used to network two Computers
      > togeather, I have never used it, there is some infomarmation on
      > how to use it in the Whats new 119 version.
      > Some have used a SLIP as well, the one problem is MSYS won't
      > support the TELNET CMD in the FWD.DEF file, so you may be able
      > to receive bulletins but not send by TELNET.
      > You may want to consider upgrading to a TELNET Compatable BBS Program.
      > In the Files section on this reflector I have placed the setup and
      > instruction for WINFBB 7.01Alpha Very easy to set up.
      >
      > Mike/N9PMO
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Karl" <kgoebel@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wonder if any one out there has tried this. If so some general
      > > pointers would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > First a description of the station.
      > >
      > > One PC is dedicated to running MSYS under DOS. Only reason I do is
      > > because for start up and trouble shooting etc I can keep the BBS
      > > running without bringing it down all the time. MSYS runs fine and
      > > forwards just fine on HF and VHF as well as over a serial port to my
      > > DXCluster
      > >
      > > On a second PC I am running BPQ32 along with DxNet. BPQ32 has one
      > > port set aside for Telnet purposes. By using the No-IP suggestion
      > that
      > > Ron has made I get around the static IP address problems associated
      > > with trying to run a telnet session. Telnet sessions connect to
      > BPQ32
      > > switch just fine
      > >
      > > So thats the background. Here is the issue.
      > > Another station wishes to send bulletins via a telnet session from
      > > MSYS to me. Would he have to be running BPQ32 as well or any idea
      > on
      > > how to write a script to use with MSYS to access the telnet. Access
      > > to the telnet session is Username, Password, Port.
      > >
      > > Any suggestions would be helpful
      > >
      > > Karl

    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n9lya" <n9lya@...> wrote:

        Hi Jerry
        I think we spoke by way of George W9GWP, i would be interested in
        seeing the msysfwd.def and the .opt file, i think you are using the
        Null Modem in msys ? I am a bit confused how you are using BPQ for a
        TELNET Connection. If you are able to get BPQ to talk with msys you
        should be able to use the Port configuration in BPQ as well as AXIP,
        something msys really lacked.

        Please by all means send a copy of the .def and .opt file maybe
        there is still hope for the good old realiable msys.

        73-Mike/N9PMO