Bpq and wine

  • Shawn Bush
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2012

      Does anyone have any tips on getting BPQ32 working with wine?

      Shawn
      KD8NCV

    • Rick Nicholson
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
        I haven't tried getting BPQ going with Wine, but it did get easier after a couple of beers!

        I'd like to know as well, I really like Ubuntu and have several ham programs running on it.

        i'll keep an eye on this thread.

        Just kidding about the beer....it took 6.

        73's Rick
        Does anyone have any tips on getting BPQ32 working with wine?
        Shawn
        KD8NCV
      • Ken Jacobs
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
          BPQ does run in Ubuntu using WINE....

          I have a test system running and everything appears to work well, including COM ports with TNCs. There are a few quirks I have noted. I do not use BPQTerminal....when it gets minimized, it disappears to never be found....LOL. Best to use BPQTermTCP instead. Virtual COM ports is another issue.....you cannot use VCOM and must resort to a linux virtual COM option...which I have not spent much time working on yet.

          Otherwise, everything else appears to work pretty well.....

          Ken KD6PGI

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
            Ken .  Does AGWtoBPQ work by chance ? That would be a curious thing.

            Tony Hunt  VK5AH
          • Ken Jacobs
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
              Hi Tony,

              It does appear that AGWtoBPQ does run...I just launched and checked it. However, I have nothing installed to actually connect with it at this point. I really have only been using it as a limited test bed right now....I saw no errors upon firing it up and it appeared to function normally.

              Ken

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
                  Ken,

                  Hve you tried turning off the " Minimize to try" option when running under WINE?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
                    Upon checking with John....

                    It appears that if your uncheck....."Minimize to Notification Area (System Tray)" in the BPQ Console,
                    then BPQ programs will not disappear completely when minimized. You will see them all along the taskbar instead. Thanks John for the feedback.....

                    Ken

                  Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
                    Don't know about wine or beer, but it works great with Black Jack, I think!  HI

                    I'd like to try it with Ubuntu also.  It seem a waste to keep one computer with
                    windoz running,  while all the others are working with a real OS.

                    Clayton N4EV