Re: BPQ32 APRS & Wx Station

  • kenneth
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2012
      Hi Duncan & All
      running the Bpqaprs digi under your own call it has to be attended.
      (max unattended time limit away from the home is 30 minutes)over that it has to be closed down.
      using your mb7 call with ssid running unattended as per the terms of your NOV covers you on Bpqaprs (144.800)
      i use MB7UFO for normal Aprs 144.800 & igate,MB7UFO-8 with Bpqaprs
      digi.MB7UFO-QZ is the WHO-RU Aprs Qrz server, MB7UFO-CQ is the Aprs Cqserver.

      73 de Ken g7vja
      sysop mb7ufo & gb7cow

    • n9lya@blueriver.net
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hi Ken.. In your areas only correct..?
        Rules here in US are not as stringent..

        Please clearify.. 73 jerry n9lya

        > Hi Duncan & All
        > running the Bpqaprs digi under your own call it has to be attended.
        > (max unattended time limit away from the home is 30 minutes)over that it
        > has to be closed down.
        > using your mb7 call with ssid running unattended as per the terms of your
        > NOV covers you on Bpqaprs (144.800)
        > i use MB7UFO for normal Aprs 144.800 & igate,MB7UFO-8 with Bpqaprs
        > digi.MB7UFO-QZ is the WHO-RU Aprs Qrz server, MB7UFO-CQ is the Aprs
        > Cqserver.
        >
        > 73 de Ken g7vja
        > sysop mb7ufo & gb7cow
        >

        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Duncan Bray <g4mki@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Noting Randy's comment:
        >> That is precisely why there is far greater restriction on what amateurs
        >> can do in the UK.
        >> To run an Igate in  the UK you must have a Notice of Variation to your
        >> main licence in order to port internet traffic to RF and vice versa..
        >> The NoV stipulates  the frequency of operation 144.800Mhz for unattended
        >> APRS operation, and the permitted erp.
        >> My station, MB7UEK  can only operate an Igate porting to RF on
        >> 144.800MHz, it incidentally raises
        >> the question as to whether I should use my Class A call, G4MKI on
        >> BPQAprs or my Igate call MB7UEK...time will tell.....
        >> 73
        >> Duncan G4MKI/MB7UEK
        >>

        >> ________________________________

      • Duncan Bray
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2012
          Thanks Ken,
          Your clarification is greatly appreciated...

          73 de Duncan

          running the Bpqaprs digi under your own call it has to be attended.
          (max unattended time limit away from the home is 30 minutes)over that it has to be closed down.
          using your mb7 call with ssid running unattended as per the terms of your NOV covers you on Bpqaprs (144.800)
          i use MB7UFO for normal Aprs 144.800 & igate,MB7UFO-8 with  Bpqaprs
          digi.MB7UFO-QZ is the WHO-RU Aprs Qrz server, MB7UFO-CQ is the Aprs Cqserver.

          73 de Ken g7vja
          sysop mb7ufo & gb7cow

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Duncan Bray <g4mki@...> wrote:

          > Noting Randy's comment:
          > That is precisely why there is far greater restriction on what amateurs can do in the UK.
          > To run an Igate in  the UK you must have a Notice of Variation to your main licence in order to port internet traffic to RF and vice versa.. The NoV stipulates  the frequency of operation 144.800Mhz for unattended APRS operation, and the permitted erp.
          > My station, MB7UEK  can only operate an Igate porting to RF on 144.800MHz, it incidentally raises
          > the question as to whether I should use my Class A call, G4MKI on BPQAprs or my Igate call MB7UEK...time will tell.....
          > 73
          > Duncan G4MKI/MB7UEK
          >

          > ________________________________

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
              BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kenneth
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2012
            Hi Jerry
            Here in the UK you can run an Aprs digi under your own callsign which must be attended at all times,apart from the 30 minute rule.
            to run an unattended Aprs Node\Digi you need an NOV with 2 letters
            IE: mb7uu (first letter after 7 must start with U).
            although i think the rules have changes since regarding the U.
            To run a full blown Aprs Igate & Digi at home,you need an NOV
            were the MB7 Call uses Three letters after the 7.
            Remote Digi or Igates same as above but must have three shutdown
            names & phone numbers within 30 minutes travel time of the Node\igate.
            written permission to use the site & some sites require you to have insurance)
            My MB7UFO NOV is 12 years old,some of the rules may have changed since then.
            These rules apply to all the U.K

            73 de Ken g7vja

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, n9lya@... wrote:

            > Hi Ken.. In your areas only correct..?
            > Rules here in US are not as stringent..
            >
            > Please clearify.. 73 jerry n9lya
            >
            > > Hi Duncan & All
            > > running the Bpqaprs digi under your own call it has to be attended.
            > > (max unattended time limit away from the home is 30 minutes)over that it
            > > has to be closed down.
            > > using your mb7 call with ssid running unattended as per the terms of your
            > > NOV covers you on Bpqaprs (144.800)
            > > i use MB7UFO for normal Aprs 144.800 & igate,MB7UFO-8 with Bpqaprs
            > > digi.MB7UFO-QZ is the WHO-RU Aprs Qrz server, MB7UFO-CQ is the Aprs
            > > Cqserver.
            > >
            > > 73 de Ken g7vja
            > > sysop mb7ufo & gb7cow
            > >

            > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Duncan Bray <g4mki@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Noting Randy's comment:
            > >> That is precisely why there is far greater restriction on what amateurs
            > >> can do in the UK.
            > >> To run an Igate in  the UK you must have a Notice of Variation to your
            > >> main licence in order to port internet traffic to RF and vice versa..
            > >> The NoV stipulates  the frequency of operation 144.800Mhz for unattended
            > >> APRS operation, and the permitted erp.
            > >> My station, MB7UEK  can only operate an Igate porting to RF on
            > >> 144.800MHz, it incidentally raises
            > >> the question as to whether I should use my Class A call, G4MKI on
            > >> BPQAprs or my Igate call MB7UEK...time will tell.....
            > >> 73
            > >> Duncan G4MKI/MB7UEK

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2012

              Thanks ken.. I had a couple private emails from locals asking if it affected them and I knew it did not.. But thought it would be good to post that here.. thanks.. jerry