Re: Simple starter

  • dickwmsinnc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
      Hi Ron -

      I am brand new to BPQ and am trying to set up a packet node
      demonstration for Field Day. My ultimate objective is to use AGWPE
      with BPQ. I'm using a laptop running Win 98SE.

      I followed the directions below up to the point of starting
      BPQTerminal.exe. When I did that, I get a message window
      saying "Can't load (or register) custom control: "BPQCtrl.ocx'" and
      BPQTerminal closes. How can I fix this?

      Also, I would like some pointers on how to go from the configuration
      this installation produces to a configuration using AGWPE. I do have
      AGWPE installed and working.

      Tnx and 73 - Dick, W3OA

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl * <ron.stordahl@...> wrote:

      > KD8CBJ
      >
      > I would do as follows:
      >
      > Download Bpq32_410Beta06Dec2006.exe and execute it from there. I
      like
      > to use \My Documents\Downloads\BPQ32.
      >
      > The installer will run and the first option is where to place the
      BPQ32
      > system. Go with the default which is c:\Program Files\BPQ32.
      >
      > The next choice will be to select options. I would choose 'Use
      simple
      > pre-configured BPQCFG.Txt configuration file' and be sure that this
      is
      > the only option selected on that window.
      >
      > Continue from this point accepting all the defaults.
      >
      > At this point you will have the 'minimal' configuration (but you
      will
      > have all the bpq files of course).
      >
      > From the c:\Program Files\BPQ32 click on BPQTerminal.exe. At the
      > bottom of the BPQTerminal screen type ? to get a list of commands.
      Type