Re: [BPQ32] Re: Problems With Telpac

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 14 , May 14 9:05 AM
      Harmen

      The application mask, is in hexidecimal, as you have explained it below.  But keep in mind that you only want a '1' in the position in the mask if the interface (AGWtoBPQ) is to an application which interfaces with AGWtoBPQ via TCP.  So for example, if you are running the 32 bit version of FBB and the interface is via a DLL, then you would want a '0' in that position.  If the BBS is the first position, then that mask element would be a 0.  If in the fifth position you are interfacing to Telpac via the AGW interface, then you would have a 1 in that position.  If in position 4 you had something like 'DX/C N5IN' then the interface is to a remote application and the mask element would be a 0.

      So the key is to write done the mask in binary beginning with the first position.  Now to evaluate the mask you have to reverse the string so that the most significant digits are first.

      In the example you have given the binary would be 00001.  Reversed this is binary 10000, which is equivalent to 0x10 (i.e. 10 hexadecimal)

      In your second example, are you sure that application in position 4 is using the AGWtoBPQ TCP interface?  If so, then the 4th would have a value of 8, not 6, the binary mask would be 00011 which when reversed and converted to hex would be 0x18.

      I do intend to explain the mask fully in a forthcomming version of the beta document....but at the moment I have a major assignment at work which I simply must complete before I return my attention to BPQ.  I thought I would have it out of the way by May 1, but I am still weighed down...perhaps one more week..I hope.

      Ron, N5IN

      Harmen, VE3EMA wrote:

      Are you using AGW for Spider DX Cluster as well?

      If I understand the APPLMASK properly, a value of 0x10 means that one application is running in position 5.

      1 2 4 6 16 32 64

      16 in HEX = 10    (0x10)

      If applications 4 and 5 are both utilizing BPQtoAGW.exe, then you would have,

      1 2 4 6 16 32 64

      6 + 16 = 22

      22 in HEX = 16    (0X16)

      73 Harmen, VE3EMA

      Message 2 of 14 , May 14 2:18 PM

        I apologize if I created any confusion with my error in last evening’s Applmask value explanation.

        I did mean to say;

        1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64  not  1, 2, 4, 6 ,8 ,16, 32, 64

        So, if AGWtoBPQ.exe applications occupy positions 4 and 5 in the BPQCFG.txt, APPLICATIONS= line, then using decimal values;

        Position 4 = 8

        Position 5 = 16

        Add them together,

        8 + 16 = 24 (decimal)

        24 converted to Hex = 18

        Watching too many double overtime hockey games....

        73, Harmen VE3EMA

      • cprealm
        Message 3 of 14 , May 14 5:26 PM
          Thanks to all for your help. Yes, I did have the hex math wrong. I
          posted my solution last night but apparently it was lost in the mix.

          73.

          Clint