RE: [BPQ32] Re: WL2KREPORT

    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 20, 2012
      Hi Don,

      I used: http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketPositions then locate your call
      on right side of the page, when
      You hover over you call that window came up, I tried looking your
      address up for the Lat/Lon but couldn't
      Find your house address in my precession map of Google map.

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web www.n9pmo.com

      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014
        Where is the proper place to include WL2KREPORT statements?
        Inside the Telnet port configuration, or separately inside the PACKET and PACTOR port configurations?
        I just put it outside all these and linbpq complained on initialization.
        Joe
      • Don Poaps
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014
          Joe

          I have all of my wl2k report all listed in my first VHF packet setup. Just before Endport.

          It may not be right but all if my packet, Winmor, and Pactor shows up in www.winlink.org/rms list

          Don

          --
          Don Poaps
          New Westminster, BC

          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014

            It goes in the port config for the relevant radio port. On pactor like ports it used to have to go after CONFIG but now I think it can be before or after.

            John

            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014

               If you do that your frequencies will appear in the WL2K list, but the code won’t report the correct frequency when a user connects to a CMS

              73, John

              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014

                Not sure where your coming from. All info that's I send to wl2k report, does show in RMS Express if I use that program from the store. Unless that quote for Joe.

                Don va7dgp

                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014

                  When a station connects to a CMS via BPQ the mode and frequency is sent as part of the login info, so WL2K can maintain traffic statistics The code must be able to get from the port the connection comes in on to the incoming frequency and mode. For this to work the frequency and mode mist be specified on the port that the connect arrives on.

                  73, John

                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014

                      I have copied the Wl2K report after the config. I get the famous bad report in the bpq32 mdi. Not sure where it goes now as I don't get in just after the Packet WL2K Report in the Packet Port from my previous spot in BPQ32.CFG

                      Don va7dgp

                        Message 11 of 29 , Nov 29, 2014
                          Thanks all. Got it!
                          Joe
                        • ag6qo
                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 30, 2014
                            Well, I am "on the map" with the addition of WL2KREPORT statements in my config file.
                            But I want to indicate HYBRID station capabilities. Anyone relaying via RF know how to do this?
                            Joe

                          • ag6qo
                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 1, 2014
                              Oh. Now my listing on the WinLInk PACTOR map disappeared. Maybe because I updated it for a different SSID?

                              Don't know how to get it back on there again. My PACKET listing is there.

                              Joe
                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 1, 2014

                                What do you now have in your WL2KREPORT lines?

                                John

                                Message 15 of 29 , Dec 1, 2014
                                  WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, server.winlink.org, 8085, AG6QO, CM98am, 00-23, 3581500, P123
                                   WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, server.winlink.org, 8085, AG6QO, CM98am, 00-23, 14113000, P123
                                   WL2KREPORT BPQNET, server.winlink.org, 8085, AG6QO, CM98am, 00-23, 3581500, P123
                                   WL2KREPORT BPQNET, server.winlink.org, 8085, AG6QO, CM98am, 00-23, 14113000, P123

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Dec 1, 2014

                                    Joe,

                                    I tried your lines here and it reported ok. LinBPQ should log to syslog what it is sending, soon after startup.

                                    73, John

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Dec 1, 2014
                                      Yes, John, it's logging the transaction as follows:

                                      Dec  1 21:05:28 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Resolving server.winlink.org#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:28 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO","BaseCallsig
                                      n":"AG6QO","GridSquare":"CM98am","Frequency":14113000,"Mode":13,"Baud":0,"Power"
                                      :0,"Height":0,"Gain":0,"Direction":0,"Hours":"00-23","ServiceCode":"BPQNET"#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:28 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: WL2K Database update ok#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:28 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO","Program":"B
                                      PQ32","Version":"6.0.8.31","Comments":"Test Comment"#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:29 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: WL2K Database update ok#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:29 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO","BaseCallsig
                                      n":"AG6QO","GridSquare":"CM98am","Frequency":3581500,"Mode":13,"Baud":0,"Power":
                                      0,"Height":0,"Gain":0,"Direction":0,"Hours":"00-23","ServiceCode":"BPQNET"#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:29 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: WL2K Database update ok#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:29 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO","BaseCallsig
                                      n":"AG6QO","GridSquare":"CM98am","Frequency":14113000,"Mode":13,"Baud":0,"Power"
                                      :0,"Height":0,"Gain":0,"Direction":0,"Hours":"00-23","ServiceCode":"PUBLIC"#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:29 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: WL2K Database update ok#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:29 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO","BaseCallsig
                                      n":"AG6QO","GridSquare":"CM98am","Frequency":3581500,"Mode":13,"Baud":0,"Power":
                                      0,"Height":0,"Gain":0,"Direction":0,"Hours":"00-23","ServiceCode":"PUBLIC"#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:30 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: WL2K Database update ok#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:30 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO-10","BaseCall
                                      sign":"AG6QO","GridSquare":"CM98am","Frequency":144370000,"Mode":0,"Baud":1200,"
                                      Power":0,"Height":0,"Gain":0,"Direction":0,"Hours":"00-23","ServiceCode":"PUBLIC
                                      "#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:30 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: WL2K Database update ok#015
                                      Dec  1 21:05:30 excalibur LINBPQ[11252]: Sending "Callsign":"AG6QO-10","Program"
                                      :"BPQ32","Version":"6.0.8.31","Comments":"Test Comment"#015

                                      Yet, it's not appearing on the map for PACTOR stations.
                                      Do they put filtering on fields, like power, perhaps?
                                      Joe
                                    • ag6qo
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Dec 2, 2014
                                        Hmmm, and my info appeared this morning. Several days after it disappeared.
                                        But, last night I removed the redundant BPQNET "service" statements and the
                                        ; UseAPPLCallsforPactor
                                        Statement.
                                        I'll add that statement back in to see what happens. I think I need it?
                                        Joe
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Dec 2, 2014

                                          You only need USEAPPLCALLSFORPACTOR if you are scanning and want to be able to route calls to different applications. It won't affect WL2K REPORTING.

                                          73, John

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Dec 2, 2014
                                            Thanks John,
                                            I do want to use different apps.
                                            It seems my PACTOR station appears and disappears on the WinLink maps without any change to my configuration. Seems other pactor stations do not. Curious, and a bit frustrating. Oh well. Probably not a config problem.
                                            Joe
                                          • ke7xo
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Dec 2, 2014
                                              Joe,

                                              some of mine do, some don't..

                                              Richard
                                            • Don Poaps
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Dec 2, 2014
                                                Where would this go. Just before config in the Pactor in BPQ32.cfg

                                                Don va7dgp

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Dec 3, 2014
                                                  Mine are just after RIGCONTROL statements.
                                                  Joe
                                                • ag6qo
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Dec 3, 2014
                                                    You have some of the field formats different that what I've seen.
                                                    Here is one of mine:
                                                    WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, server.winlink.org, 8085, AG6QO, CM98am, 00-23, 14113000, P123
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Dec 4, 2014

                                                      I'm working on a 9600 version of the TNC-PI and am trying to fix a problem with reliably differentiating between signals and noise. There is no 9600 activity anywhere near here, so I can't use off-air signals.

                                                      If there is  anyone who has 9600 links in their area who could send me some recordings please contact me off list and I'll explain what I need.

                                                      Thanks,

                                                      John G8BPQ

                                                    • Bill Vodall
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Dec 4, 2014
                                                        > I'm working on a 9600 version of the TNC-PI and am trying to fix a problem with reliably differentiating between signals and noise. There is no 9600 activity anywhere near here, so I can't use off-air signals.

                                                        A test file for 9600 baud data is sadly lacking from our Ham
                                                        resources. Something like we have for 1200 baud by WA8LMF -
                                                        http://wa8lmf.net/TNCtest/

                                                        Bill