RE: [BPQ32] installer for BPQ

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 64 , Jan 7, 2012

      once here look under description

      Description

      A user group established by John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ and Ron Stordahl AE5E (ex N5IN) for BPQ32 - AX.25 NET/ROM compatible node software for Windows.

      BPQ for DOS and BPQ32 for Windows were written by John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ and have a considerable following of appreciative users.

      BPQ32 includes BPQMailChat, a modern BBS and Chat system.

      BPQ32 offers three program interfaces. The DLL interface is the fundamental and most capable interface and is recommended for new applications. An AGW-like front end interface is offered permitting BPQ32 to be used with any program currently supporting AGWPE. The third, now deprecated, interface method is ActiveX.

      An AGW back end interface has been added to allow BPQ32 to use sound card modems.

      Many useful BPQ32 utilites are included.

      Download the latest BPQ32 here

      Alternate download site

      Read Latest Release Document

      Message 64 of 64 , Jan 3, 2013
        Sorry, my carelessness here. I never intended to suggest type 'B' messages other than WP should be killedif they have noone to forward to. I assumed that would be usnderstood, as we were discussing WP messages.

        Until the next houskeeping cycle killed messages can still be read by the sysop if he really wants to
        .
        73, John

        From: "Mark Taylor" <mtaylor@...>
        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:03:57 -0600 (CST)
        To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

        Why would a WP Update message be read locally?

        Mark

        Regular type B Bulletin messages with no one to forward to should not be

        deleted immediately. As they can still be read locally.

        Message-----
        href="mailto:john.wiseman%40cantab.net">john.wiseman@...>

        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Date:
        Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:02:52
        > To:
        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>

        RE: [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

        > Mark,
        >
        > Type 'P' WP
        messages are killed after processing, type 'B' are kept until
        > they have
        been forwarded to any stations you have routed them to. Once
        > forwarded,
        they should be deleted by the next housekeeping cycle after

        their
        > lifetime has expired. I'll check why WP,1 doest get them
        removed,

        > I guess type 'B' messages that have noone to forward
        them to should also
        > be
        > deleted immediately.

        [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

        > And, why
        is it that upon receipt of a WP message the BBS cannot process

        the
        > file then DELETE it. For my users it is simply garbage that they
        have to
        > scroll through to see interesting messages.

        Mark

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com , "n5mdt"
        > wrote:
        >>
        >> My BBS has numerous WP Update
        messages stored. They do seem to follow
        >> the
        > standard
        lifetime rules, which is set at 5 days I think. At this time the
        > oldest
        dates to Dec 30. Even though I have WP,1 in the TO box in the

        housekeeping tab.

        >> Is there any reason to keep the WP
        Update messages for a specific
        >> length
        > of time? Are they
        processed immediately on receipt? On a schedule?

        >> How
        exactly do they work? When is the shortest amount of time I must

        keep
        > them? How can I automatically have them deleted at the expiration
        of that
        > time?
        >>

        >> Thanks

        Mark