Small change to the installer made...

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 64 , Jan 6, 2012
      It was discovered that in rare cases when doing an update over an already updated installation, which was also running at the time, the installer failed to detect the running BPQ32. The effect apparently was to only require a reboot.

      However anyone who downloaded the installer prior to the time of this message would be well advised to download again.

      As to why there is no posting of the installer, as is usually the case, in the files section, the installer has become larger than the maximum file size Yahoo allows to be uploaded to the files section.

      I am looking at a way around this.

      Ron, AE5E
      Message 64 of 64 , Jan 3, 2013
        Sorry, my carelessness here. I never intended to suggest type 'B' messages other than WP should be killedif they have noone to forward to. I assumed that would be usnderstood, as we were discussing WP messages.

        Until the next houskeeping cycle killed messages can still be read by the sysop if he really wants to
        .
        73, John

        From: "Mark Taylor" <mtaylor@...>
        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:03:57 -0600 (CST)
        To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

        Why would a WP Update message be read locally?

        Mark

        Regular type B Bulletin messages with no one to forward to should not be

        deleted immediately. As they can still be read locally.

        Message-----
        href="mailto:john.wiseman%40cantab.net">john.wiseman@...>

        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Date:
        Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:02:52
        > To:
        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>

        RE: [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

        > Mark,
        >
        > Type 'P' WP
        messages are killed after processing, type 'B' are kept until
        > they have
        been forwarded to any stations you have routed them to. Once
        > forwarded,
        they should be deleted by the next housekeeping cycle after

        their
        > lifetime has expired. I'll check why WP,1 doest get them
        removed,

        > I guess type 'B' messages that have noone to forward
        them to should also
        > be
        > deleted immediately.

        [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

        > And, why
        is it that upon receipt of a WP message the BBS cannot process

        the
        > file then DELETE it. For my users it is simply garbage that they
        have to
        > scroll through to see interesting messages.

        Mark

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com , "n5mdt"
        > wrote:
        >>
        >> My BBS has numerous WP Update
        messages stored. They do seem to follow
        >> the
        > standard
        lifetime rules, which is set at 5 days I think. At this time the
        > oldest
        dates to Dec 30. Even though I have WP,1 in the TO box in the

        housekeeping tab.

        >> Is there any reason to keep the WP
        Update messages for a specific
        >> length
        > of time? Are they
        processed immediately on receipt? On a schedule?

        >> How
        exactly do they work? When is the shortest amount of time I must

        keep
        > them? How can I automatically have them deleted at the expiration
        of that
        > time?
        >>

        >> Thanks

        Mark