Re: [BPQ32] Re: Node Links

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
      On 03/01/12 08:30, Mike Melnik wrote:

      Peter

      Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
      will need scroll the window up some and
      Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
      need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
      Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
      same it will make it impossible for the
      Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
      very low nodes qualities or very high
      Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
      are usually cause by Xrouter.

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web www.n9pmo.com

      Hi Mike and group,

      Yes I am well away of the Nodes max problem, it`s been a user / sysop problem since 20+ years ago.

      I have to disagree with you on Xrouter tho`, like all software, it is the way it is setup and the same max nodes rules apply to Xrouter as well as BPQ32.

      The high qualities we see for nodes is generally caused by *Xnet* which inflates *all* nodes to a high value which makes it harder to control.

      The problem of nodes needs to be sorted, all node sysop`s need to check their setup`s so that there is head room for additional nodes, somewhere around a figure of 50 to 100 is good practise because at the moment, some nodes, including Xrouter nodes, are limiting the world wide routing.

      Regards ..... Peter

    • Danny PD0SNK
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
        I have quailty to other inp3 links down to 10.
        this works ok with xrouter <-> xrouter or xnet <-> xrouter i gues. (correct me if i'm wrong)
        Also i have maxhops at 4 instead of 10 what is standard in xrouter.

        Danny..