Re: [BPQ32] Re: Node Links

  • Joel Yates
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hi Mike, Now See...You can explain things better than I can :-).
      ...73's...Joel N4JIOA
      Joel Yates
      yate4899@...

      On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Mike Melnik <mmelnik1@...> wrote:
      Peter

      Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
      will need scroll the window up some and
      Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
      need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
      Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
      same it will make it impossible for the
      Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
      very low nodes qualities or very high
      Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
      are usually cause by Xrouter.

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web www.n9pmo.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
        On 03/01/12 08:30, Mike Melnik wrote:

        Peter

        Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
        will need scroll the window up some and
        Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
        need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
        Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
        same it will make it impossible for the
        Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
        very low nodes qualities or very high
        Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
        are usually cause by Xrouter.

        Mike-N9PMO
        Web www.n9pmo.com

        Hi Mike and group,

        Yes I am well away of the Nodes max problem, it`s been a user / sysop problem since 20+ years ago.

        I have to disagree with you on Xrouter tho`, like all software, it is the way it is setup and the same max nodes rules apply to Xrouter as well as BPQ32.

        The high qualities we see for nodes is generally caused by *Xnet* which inflates *all* nodes to a high value which makes it harder to control.

        The problem of nodes needs to be sorted, all node sysop`s need to check their setup`s so that there is head room for additional nodes, somewhere around a figure of 50 to 100 is good practise because at the moment, some nodes, including Xrouter nodes, are limiting the world wide routing.

        Regards ..... Peter

      • Danny PD0SNK
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
          I have quailty to other inp3 links down to 10.
          this works ok with xrouter <-> xrouter or xnet <-> xrouter i gues. (correct me if i'm wrong)
          Also i have maxhops at 4 instead of 10 what is standard in xrouter.

          Danny..