RE: [BPQ32] hsmm-mesh

  • Rick Nicholson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      Oops it looks like the ubiquity link slipped to the bottom of the page.

      Rick

      From: Jerry <n9lya@...>
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, January 2, 2012, 2:06 PM

      HI Rick.. perhaps we can see if John could include this to work with BPQ32??  Not that I have looked at it yet.. Going to do some research…

      This the first I've heard of hsmm-mesh!

      I've been doing basicly the same thing for the last 5 years and have had bpq32 running on it for the last year. You can also operate the network on 9oo mhz and switch back to 2.4ghz when needed, The 900mhz is great for hilly terrain where reliablity is more important than speed.

      i use a 5.8ghz backhaul to the hubs and in and out with either 2.4ghz or 900 mhz depending on application and terrain.

      The following site has inexpensive harware to help you with the build. I use the bullets to repeat to hard to get to sites on hillsides or in valleys.

      I've used the linksys wrt54G and it will work fine , it's a liitle tricky with the mod the first time and don't get discouraged if you brick the first one, Sometimes it can be un bricked and you can try it again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series#WRT54GL

      Read here first before starting the mod: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

      The netgear WGR614 v9 and up also have the repeat mode and with a little antenna modification make a nice repeater for an end point link. http://documentation.netgear.com/wgr614v9/enu/202-10308-01/WGR614v9-01-1.html

      I'm going to read a little more about hsmm-mesh. If it catches on in my area I may want to convert.

      Thanks for the posting and bring this to our attention.

      73's

      Rick n9umj

      http://www.ubnt.com/