hsmm-mesh

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      Happy New Year to All from Bill K7MT.

      Thanks for the note on Hsmm-mesh. I have access to Linksys routes, 2.4GHZ
      antennas, etc. It is all free so I am going to look at this to see if is
      feasible for our area. Kind of a study..

      It sounds like a fun project. I am going over all the material. I am
      interested to see if I can interface to BPQ32 TCP/IP and then to my SCS
      pactor III Modem for EMCOMM.

      It would be interesting if BPQ32 can be a gate to local vhf 1200 baud RF and
      the hsmm-mesh network.

      Cheers Bill K7MT
    • Rick Nicholson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
        Bill and the group

        This the first I've heard of hsmm-mesh!

        I've been doing basicly the same thing for the last 5 years and have had bpq32 running on it for the last year. You can also operate the network on 9oo mhz and switch back to 2.4ghz when needed, The 900mhz is great for hilly terrain where reliablity is more important than speed.

        i use a 5.8ghz backhaul to the hubs and in and out with either 2.4ghz or 900 mhz depending on application and terrain.

        The following site has inexpensive harware to help you with the build. I use the bullets to repeat to hard to get to sites on hillsides or in valleys.

        I've used the linksys wrt54G and it will work fine , it's a liitle tricky with the mod the first time and don't get discouraged if you brick the first one, Sometimes it can be un bricked and you can try it again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series#WRT54GL

        Read here first before starting the mod: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

        The netgear WGR614 v9 and up also have the repeat mode and with a little antenna modification make a nice repeater for an end point link. http://documentation.netgear.com/wgr614v9/enu/202-10308-01/WGR614v9-01-1.html

        I'm going to read a little more about hsmm-mesh. If it catches on in my area I may want to convert.

        Thanks for the posting and bring this to our attention.

        73's

        Rick n9umj

        http://www.ubnt.com/

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012

          HI Rick.. perhaps we can see if John could include this to work with BPQ32??  Not that I have looked at it yet.. Going to do some research…

          73 jerry n9lya

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
            Jerry

            I want to look into more as well.

            Right now my network is doing fine, but it is an interesting notion within the bpq communuty?

            Rick

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
              Oops it looks like the ubiquity link slipped to the bottom of the page.

              Rick