Re: [BPQ32] Re: Node Links

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
      On 02/01/12 17:06, Joel Yates wrote:

      Hi Peter, Happy New Year!!! I was going to send you an e-mail on the 1st since you got to New Years before we did and ask you if anything was different but I never got that far.
      Here is what I show for VE9MPF...
      CHTMPF:VE9MPF-11 (chat BPQ)  He also has the other chat listed below that is not BPQ.
      Also look at VE9MPF-7 that is direct from my current node list.
      I don't use the other ones on your list but I can either do a node list check for you or you can connect to me and check for yourself. All you have to do is enter "n call* " without the quotes like I did below and if there is anything to list it will.
      ...73's...Joel

      n ve9mpf*
      JOABPQ:N4JOA-3} Routes to: CHAT:VE9MPF-2
        199 5 3 VE9MPF-7
      Routes to: MPFMTN:VE9MPF-7
      > 200 5 3 VE9MPF-7
      Routes to: CHTMPF:VE9MPF-11 RTT=9 FR=578  B 1
      > 199 5 3 VE9MPF-

      Joel Yates
      yate4899@...

      Hi Joel,

                Thanks for your reply, I must mention at this stage, the links are with my Xrouter Node.

      One thing I do notice with a lot of BPQ32 Nodes is that the Nodes table is full as in the maximum number set in the BPQ32 config has been reached, this causes a problem in new nodes coming along and not getting into the nodes table.

      The link I have with Stephen for forwarding is working well.

      Hope you had a good Xmas Joel and 2012 is going to be even better.

      Regards ..... Peter

    • Joel Yates
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
        Hi Peter, I have my end setup for 300 Nodes MAX and I have Quality set high enough that they don't MAX it out at 300.
        Here is currently what it is seeing...
        Known Nodes/Max Nodes             178      300
        If they will set Quality right...(MIN/MAX) They will not have the MAX out problem with BPQ32.
        ...73's...Joel N4JOA
        Joel Yates
        yate4899@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
          Peter

          Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
          will need scroll the window up some and
          Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
          need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
          Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
          same it will make it impossible for the
          Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
          very low nodes qualities or very high
          Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
          are usually cause by Xrouter.

          Mike-N9PMO
          Web www.n9pmo.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
            Hi Mike, Now See...You can explain things better than I can :-).
            ...73's...Joel N4JIOA
            Joel Yates
            yate4899@...

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
               BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Peter - ZL2BAU
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
              On 03/01/12 08:30, Mike Melnik wrote:

              Peter

              Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
              will need scroll the window up some and
              Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
              need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
              Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
              same it will make it impossible for the
              Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
              very low nodes qualities or very high
              Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
              are usually cause by Xrouter.

              Mike-N9PMO
              Web www.n9pmo.com

              Hi Mike and group,

              Yes I am well away of the Nodes max problem, it`s been a user / sysop problem since 20+ years ago.

              I have to disagree with you on Xrouter tho`, like all software, it is the way it is setup and the same max nodes rules apply to Xrouter as well as BPQ32.

              The high qualities we see for nodes is generally caused by *Xnet* which inflates *all* nodes to a high value which makes it harder to control.

              The problem of nodes needs to be sorted, all node sysop`s need to check their setup`s so that there is head room for additional nodes, somewhere around a figure of 50 to 100 is good practise because at the moment, some nodes, including Xrouter nodes, are limiting the world wide routing.

              Regards ..... Peter

            • Danny PD0SNK
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
                I have quailty to other inp3 links down to 10.
                this works ok with xrouter <-> xrouter or xnet <-> xrouter i gues. (correct me if i'm wrong)
                Also i have maxhops at 4 instead of 10 what is standard in xrouter.

                Danny..