Node Links

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi All,

      Happy new year to everyone on the list, may 2012 be a brighter
      year.

      I have been doing some updates to my Node here and discovered a number
      of links that are not working, I have made a short list of the ones not
      working and discovered that they are all BPQ32, I wonder if the
      respective Node Op`s could please check their configs, my details to
      clarify are below.

      BAUNOD:ZL2BAU-3 AXUDP Link on port 93 or 10093 ( or what ever has been
      arranged )

      Missing links :

      IDA105:K7TMG-7
      GALA:GB7CB
      MPFMTN:VE9MPF-7
      NLVCHT:KE7XO-2

      Regards ..... Peter
    • Peter - ZL2BAU
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
        On 02/01/12 14:42, Peter - ZL2BAU wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Happy new year to everyone on the list, may 2012 be a
        > brighter year.
        >
        > I have been doing some updates to my Node here and discovered a number
        > of links that are not working, I have made a short list of the ones
        > not working and discovered that they are all BPQ32, I wonder if the
        > respective Node Op`s could please check their configs, my details to
        > clarify are below.
        >
        > BAUNOD:ZL2BAU-3 AXUDP Link on port 93 or 10093 ( or what ever has
        > been arranged )
        >

        > Missing links :
        >
        > IDA105:K7TMG-7
        > GALA:GB7CB
        > MPFMTN:VE9MPF-7
        > NLVCHT:KE7XO-2
        >
        > Regards ..... Peter

        P.S - Sorry I should have also given the link address :
        zl2bau.dyndns.org

        Regards ..... Peter
      • Joel Yates
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
          Hi Peter, Happy New Year!!! I was going to send you an e-mail on the 1st since you got to New Years before we did and ask you if anything was different but I never got that far.
          Here is what I show for VE9MPF...
          CHTMPF:VE9MPF-11 (chat BPQ)  He also has the other chat listed below that is not BPQ.
          Also look at VE9MPF-7 that is direct from my current node list.
          I don't use the other ones on your list but I can either do a node list check for you or you can connect to me and check for yourself. All you have to do is enter "n call* " without the quotes like I did below and if there is anything to list it will.
          ...73's...Joel

          n ve9mpf*
          JOABPQ:N4JOA-3} Routes to: CHAT:VE9MPF-2
            199 5 3 VE9MPF-7
          Routes to: MPFMTN:VE9MPF-7
          > 200 5 3 VE9MPF-7
          Routes to: CHTMPF:VE9MPF-11 RTT=9 FR=578  B 1
          > 199 5 3 VE9MPF-

          Joel Yates
          yate4899@...

          On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Peter - ZL2BAU <peter.zl2bau@...> wrote:
          On 02/01/12 14:42, Peter - ZL2BAU wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          >         Happy new year to everyone on the list, may 2012 be  a
          > brighter year.
          >
          > I have been doing some updates to my Node here and discovered a number
          > of links that are not working, I have made a short list of the ones
          > not working and discovered that they are all BPQ32, I wonder if the
          > respective Node Op`s could please check their configs, my details to
          > clarify are below.
          >
          > BAUNOD:ZL2BAU-3  AXUDP Link on port 93 or 10093 ( or what ever has
          > been arranged )
          >

          > Missing links :
          >
          > IDA105:K7TMG-7
          > GALA:GB7CB
          > MPFMTN:VE9MPF-7
          > NLVCHT:KE7XO-2
          >
          > Regards ..... Peter

          P.S - Sorry I should have also given the link address :
          zl2bau.dyndns.org

          Regards ..... Peter

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
             BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Peter - ZL2BAU
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
            On 02/01/12 17:06, Joel Yates wrote:

            Hi Peter, Happy New Year!!! I was going to send you an e-mail on the 1st since you got to New Years before we did and ask you if anything was different but I never got that far.
            Here is what I show for VE9MPF...
            CHTMPF:VE9MPF-11 (chat BPQ)  He also has the other chat listed below that is not BPQ.
            Also look at VE9MPF-7 that is direct from my current node list.
            I don't use the other ones on your list but I can either do a node list check for you or you can connect to me and check for yourself. All you have to do is enter "n call* " without the quotes like I did below and if there is anything to list it will.
            ...73's...Joel

            n ve9mpf*
            JOABPQ:N4JOA-3} Routes to: CHAT:VE9MPF-2
              199 5 3 VE9MPF-7
            Routes to: MPFMTN:VE9MPF-7
            > 200 5 3 VE9MPF-7
            Routes to: CHTMPF:VE9MPF-11 RTT=9 FR=578  B 1
            > 199 5 3 VE9MPF-

            Joel Yates
            yate4899@...

            Hi Joel,

                      Thanks for your reply, I must mention at this stage, the links are with my Xrouter Node.

            One thing I do notice with a lot of BPQ32 Nodes is that the Nodes table is full as in the maximum number set in the BPQ32 config has been reached, this causes a problem in new nodes coming along and not getting into the nodes table.

            The link I have with Stephen for forwarding is working well.

            Hope you had a good Xmas Joel and 2012 is going to be even better.

            Regards ..... Peter

          • Joel Yates
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
              Hi Peter, I have my end setup for 300 Nodes MAX and I have Quality set high enough that they don't MAX it out at 300.
              Here is currently what it is seeing...
              Known Nodes/Max Nodes             178      300
              If they will set Quality right...(MIN/MAX) They will not have the MAX out problem with BPQ32.
              ...73's...Joel N4JOA
              Joel Yates
              yate4899@...

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
                Peter

                Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
                will need scroll the window up some and
                Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
                need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
                Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
                same it will make it impossible for the
                Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
                very low nodes qualities or very high
                Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
                are usually cause by Xrouter.

                Mike-N9PMO
                Web www.n9pmo.com

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
                  Hi Mike, Now See...You can explain things better than I can :-).
                  ...73's...Joel N4JIOA
                  Joel Yates
                  yate4899@...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
                    On 03/01/12 08:30, Mike Melnik wrote:

                    Peter

                    Joel brings up a good point, using BPQ Terminal enter the S command, you
                    will need scroll the window up some and
                    Look at the Known Node/Max Nodes vaule, if both are the same you will
                    need to increase the MAXNODES= in the
                    Global section before the ports section, once both valuses become the
                    same it will make it impossible for the
                    Newest node to connect, it is best to find which node is sending ether
                    very low nodes qualities or very high
                    Nodes qualities and use the INP3 Setting for that node, High qualities
                    are usually cause by Xrouter.

                    Mike-N9PMO
                    Web www.n9pmo.com

                    Hi Mike and group,

                    Yes I am well away of the Nodes max problem, it`s been a user / sysop problem since 20+ years ago.

                    I have to disagree with you on Xrouter tho`, like all software, it is the way it is setup and the same max nodes rules apply to Xrouter as well as BPQ32.

                    The high qualities we see for nodes is generally caused by *Xnet* which inflates *all* nodes to a high value which makes it harder to control.

                    The problem of nodes needs to be sorted, all node sysop`s need to check their setup`s so that there is head room for additional nodes, somewhere around a figure of 50 to 100 is good practise because at the moment, some nodes, including Xrouter nodes, are limiting the world wide routing.

                    Regards ..... Peter

                  • Danny PD0SNK
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
                      I have quailty to other inp3 links down to 10.
                      this works ok with xrouter <-> xrouter or xnet <-> xrouter i gues. (correct me if i'm wrong)
                      Also i have maxhops at 4 instead of 10 what is standard in xrouter.

                      Danny..