RE: [BPQ32] WinFbb connection to BPQ32

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2011
      Rod

      Sorry for the confusion with port.sys, there is no need to use the VCOM
      in BPQ32, this is why you use the
      TFWIN and WA8DED selections for the BPQ32 Port, I know this gets a bit
      confusing as many that
      Install WinFbb 7.00 series by nature would select BPQ VXD in the WinFbb
      Communication Config
      And BPQ in the Ports Config, the BPQ VXD and BPQ selections were used
      with the DOS version
      Of BPQ Code, (No-Longer Used) without the source code for WinFbb John
      G8BPQ couldn't
      Make the needed changes to WinFbb for BPQ32.

      John had to make the changes in the TFWIN, and the WA8DED.DLL'S now
      renamed to TFWIN, TFWIN32..DLL
      For the 32 bit version of WinFbb and bpqded32.dll

      For WinFbb to communicate with BPQ32, the following is set:
      In the Communication Configure section of WinFbb, select ether COM 8 or
      10 then select TFWIN
      Then in the last Config window of WinFbb Ports Configuration, select
      Port 1, select WA8DED, then
      Select in the drop down window for the COM: 8 or 10 this will be the
      port you selected in previous
      Window, Communication Configure, now you can use any PORT x how ever if
      you use a PORT:x
      Other then 1 you need to make the change in the Beacon1.sys.

      I did make a mistake in my instructions referring to the bpqded32.dll,
      this should be copied to the
      Windows\System32 Folder for W2K and newer, for W98 and ME it would be
      copied to just the
      System Folder.

      The TFWIN.DLL and tfwin32.dll (only for 32 bit FBB) are copied to the
      FBB\BIN folder.

      FBB will be able to connect to BPQMailChat threw BPQ32 node, or you can
      use FBB to telnet into
      BPQ32 Telnet Server then FBB, this is also true for users, BPQMailChat
      can Telnet Inbound the
      User just would need to poll your BPQMailChat.

      I hope this helps.

      73

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web www.n9pmo.com