RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32 for us dummies

  • N9ACQ
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 4, 2011

      Chuck

                      But BPQ is a node. So you are trying to set up a node so you can use BPQ Terminal on HF. If what I read is correct, that the modem uses the AGW interface, you could just install the UZ7HO modem and then AGW terminal or WinPack. Sounds like something that needs testing.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 4, 2011

        I believe both WinPack and AGWTerminal use the AGW DDE interface, not the TCP/IP interface that is supported by UZ7HO.

        Alhough BPQ32 is normallly used as a node, with the simple config option I posted earlier it is a pretty simple way to use soundcard modes such as UZ7HO and WINMOR, either with a simple terminal, or programs that do not support them directly.

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 4, 2011

          Charles

                          Just installed UZ7HO modem and tested with AGW Terminal and AGW Monitor, all worked fine. Could not find where I could change the TCP port for Winpack so John may be correct on the DLL interface. It does make sense considering the age of Winpack. Changed TCP port to 8002, because I have AGW running for my BPQ install. TNC sharing and Multi- programs use. By the way I just checked Outpost and it also used the TCP interface and allows the port number to be changed from the AGW default of 8000. This has interesting possibilities.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

        • charles standlee
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 4, 2011
            John,

            I have e-mailed you direct with a question if that's ok with you.

            73, Chuck AC5PW
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 4, 2011
              Bill,

              I'm working on that now, or at least trying to I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to changing things around in a program.

              73, Chuck AC5PW

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 4, 2011

                Charles

                                You would not have to change any port numbers if running AGW or UZ7HO only. Things get tricky when running both, and I will ignore the AGWtoBPQ program.  You really need to read the documentation for the programs you intend to install.

                73 Bill

                N9ACQ

              • Lavoie
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 5, 2011
                  Hellp John,

                  Just an FYI there is a TCPIP version on sv2agw.com of AGWterm.

                  73 Mike