UZ7HO Sound Modem

  • don.w9jun
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2011
      Hello, I'm liking uz7ho so far..How do I edit bpq config? Do I still use
      async, kiss port?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2011

        Don,

        See http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/UZ7HODriver.htm

        A typical config would be:

        PORT

         ID=UZ7HO Soundmodem
         DRIVER=UZ7HO
         CHANNEL=A
         PORTCALL=GM8BPQ
         PACLEN=80

         CONFIG

          ADDR 127.0.0.1 8000 PATH C:\DevProgs\bpq32\SoundModem.exe
          MAXSESSIONS=5
          UPDATEMAP

        ENDPORT

        You need the version of BPQ32.dll that can be found at

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/bpq32.zip

        This should be placed in your SYSTEM32 folder.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2011
          UZ7HO, what a great program!

          Do I still need to set a quality and minqual in either the UZ7HO BPQ port or the soundmodem.ini?
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2011

            The UZ7HO driver only supports L2 sessions, not NETROM, so you don’t need quality settings.

            Do I still need to set a quality and minqual in either the UZ7HO BPQ port or the soundmodem.ini?