Rig Control

  • oh5rm
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      Is it possible to use CAT-commands in BPQ instead of RTS/DTR for PTT control with Yeasu (FT-817)radios?
      Is RigControl.cfg the right way or should PTT controls be in port definitions?
      I would prefer CAT as most other programs use it, directly or via Commander.I often use several programs concurrently and only have one real com port.

      73 Jouko OH5RM
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011

        Jouko,

        It depends what Protocol you are using. The PTT function of RigControl is intended for WINMOR ports. I think RigControl PTT will work with the FT-817, but I haven’t tried it myself, and Yaesu doesn’t have a standard for CAT commands.

        There isn’t a separate RigControl,cfg any more. The Rig Control command goes in the CONFIG section of a PORT config.

        73,

        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
          Hi John,

          I use Winmor and now testing with UZ7HO soundmodem packet, maybe later packet with Multipsk as KISS modem.
          Yes RigControl is working OK with RTS but not with CAT commands. So must always change cables when using different digimodes.
          BTW WL without WL-RMS working fine.

          73 Jouko OH5RM