RE: [BPQ32] telnet user=

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2011

      Looks Reasonable.

      See http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of don.w9jun
      Sent: 30 November 2011 21:17
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] telnet user=

      Is this correct and where can I read about the options for this line?

      USER=Don,password,w9jun,"",SYSOP

    • Shawn Bush
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011

        I have what seems to be the correct user= line but what ever I type in it seems to just lock up and won't get to the password prompt.

        Shawn
        KD8NCV

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011
          Shawn

          I think you are trying to connect to the BPQ32 Telnet Server FBB Port,
          You won't see a response without hitting a couple of CR

          Make shure you are connecting to the TCPPORT=
          TCPPORT=8010 ; Keyboard Connections
          FBBPORT=8011 ; FBB Telnet Inbound Connections

          Mike-N9PMO
          Web WWW.N9PMO.COM
          Group Moderator
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011

            For normal Telnet clients like Putty you connect to the TCPPORT. If you are us1ng BPQTermTCP,  you need to connect to the FBBPORT.

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011
                Replyed Direct:

                73

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                  I just downloaded a telnet app for my Android and logged into my BPQnode
                  with my smartphone via 3G..
                  Dave WB2HVF/AFA2HV
                • Joel Yates
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                    Hi Dave, What is the name of the app? 73's. Joel N4JOA
                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                      Howdy David,

                      What is the name of the Android Telnet App please.

                      I am getting my first cell phone ever for Christmas. I will be using it for
                      my RV travels starting next year and it will be a Android Smart Phone.

                      Bill K7MT
                    • Dave Webb
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                        Telnet  by Eddie Cheung
                        Full name is Simple Telnet Client.

                        I'll give it a 3 1/2 star rateing...
                        From 3g I used my no-ip address from the local wi-fi I used the local IP address.
                        Dave
                        WB2HVF

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                          I used the app Market and searched for Telnet. That found it.
                          BTW when you set up your user name/PW, I suggest lower case. The Droid
                          likes to revert back to lower case all the time.
                          Dave WB2HVF

                          On 12/6/2011 12:28 AM, Bill Erhardt wrote:
                          > Howdy David,
                          >
                          > What is the name of the Android Telnet App please.
                          >
                          > I am getting my first cell phone ever for Christmas. I will be using it for
                          > my RV travels starting next year and it will be a Android Smart Phone.
                          >
                          > Bill K7MT

                        • Jerry
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 6, 2011
                            There is also a Putty AMP for smartphones.. I use it pretty cool.

                            I used the app Market and searched for Telnet. That found it.
                            BTW when you set up your user name/PW, I suggest lower case. The Droid likes
                            to revert back to lower case all the time.
                            Dave WB2HVF

                            On 12/6/2011 12:28 AM, Bill Erhardt wrote:
                            > Howdy David,
                            >
                            > What is the name of the Android Telnet App please.
                            >
                            > I am getting my first cell phone ever for Christmas. I will be using it
                            for
                            > my RV travels starting next year and it will be a Android Smart Phone.
                            >
                            > Bill K7MT

                          • DEC

                              I just downloaded a telnet app for my Android and logged into my BPQnode
                              with my smartphone via 3G..
                              Dave WB2HVF/AFA2HV

                            • Douglas Parker