telnet user=

  • don.w9jun
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2011
      Is this correct and where can I read about the options for this line?

      USER=Don,password,w9jun,"",SYSOP
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2011

        Looks Reasonable.

        See http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm

        Is this correct and where can I read about the options for this line?

        USER=Don,password,w9jun,"",SYSOP

      • Shawn Bush
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011

          I have what seems to be the correct user= line but what ever I type in it seems to just lock up and won't get to the password prompt.

          Shawn
          KD8NCV

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011
            Shawn

            I think you are trying to connect to the BPQ32 Telnet Server FBB Port,
            You won't see a response without hitting a couple of CR

            Make shure you are connecting to the TCPPORT=
            TCPPORT=8010 ; Keyboard Connections
            FBBPORT=8011 ; FBB Telnet Inbound Connections

            Mike-N9PMO
            Web WWW.N9PMO.COM
            Group Moderator
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011

              For normal Telnet clients like Putty you connect to the TCPPORT. If you are us1ng BPQTermTCP,  you need to connect to the FBBPORT.

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2011
                  Replyed Direct:

                  73

                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                    I just downloaded a telnet app for my Android and logged into my BPQnode
                    with my smartphone via 3G..
                    Dave WB2HVF/AFA2HV
                  • Joel Yates
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                      Hi Dave, What is the name of the app? 73's. Joel N4JOA
                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                        Howdy David,

                        What is the name of the Android Telnet App please.

                        I am getting my first cell phone ever for Christmas. I will be using it for
                        my RV travels starting next year and it will be a Android Smart Phone.

                        Bill K7MT
                      • Dave Webb
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                          Telnet  by Eddie Cheung
                          Full name is Simple Telnet Client.

                          I'll give it a 3 1/2 star rateing...
                          From 3g I used my no-ip address from the local wi-fi I used the local IP address.
                          Dave
                          WB2HVF

                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 5, 2011
                            I used the app Market and searched for Telnet. That found it.
                            BTW when you set up your user name/PW, I suggest lower case. The Droid
                            likes to revert back to lower case all the time.
                            Dave WB2HVF

                            On 12/6/2011 12:28 AM, Bill Erhardt wrote:
                            > Howdy David,
                            >
                            > What is the name of the Android Telnet App please.
                            >
                            > I am getting my first cell phone ever for Christmas. I will be using it for
                            > my RV travels starting next year and it will be a Android Smart Phone.
                            >
                            > Bill K7MT

                          • Jerry
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 6, 2011
                              There is also a Putty AMP for smartphones.. I use it pretty cool.

                              I used the app Market and searched for Telnet. That found it.
                              BTW when you set up your user name/PW, I suggest lower case. The Droid likes
                              to revert back to lower case all the time.
                              Dave WB2HVF

                              On 12/6/2011 12:28 AM, Bill Erhardt wrote:
                              > Howdy David,
                              >
                              > What is the name of the Android Telnet App please.
                              >
                              > I am getting my first cell phone ever for Christmas. I will be using it
                              for
                              > my RV travels starting next year and it will be a Android Smart Phone.
                              >
                              > Bill K7MT

                            • DEC

                                I just downloaded a telnet app for my Android and logged into my BPQnode
                                with my smartphone via 3G..
                                Dave WB2HVF/AFA2HV

                              • Douglas Parker