Re: [BPQ32] Re: Running ARESDATA with BBPQ32

  • Tyler Griffiths
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 14, 2011
      Kirk,
      I would love to get a copy of your windows version! I do have a copy of ARESDATA 1.6.
      Looking at your stuff on the Wasatch 100 website was what got me interested in making ARESDATA working for the BEAR 100.

      Thanks,
      Tyler

      On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Kirk <ksboman@...> wrote:

      Tyler,
      I'm a little late joining this thread but just got caught up this morning. I'm in Salt Lake City and have done what you seem to be attempting. In the mid-1990's, in putting together a packet system to track the runners in the Wasatch 100 mile endurance run, I started with ARESDATA and BPQ and we made a workable system. I was able to get the source code for ARESDATA from one of the authors and made significant changes to the DOS version to make it more suitable for tracking runners. The original ARESDATA was written in Borland Turbo Pascal and used a Turbo Pascal add in module for database management.

      To condense the story, the system has significantly evolved and we are now running a Windows version of the database program, highly customized for the Wasatch 100 race, written in Delphi 4, using BPQ32 very successfully. The database is in dBase IV format and is accessed using the Borland Database Engine. The last race was September 11-12, 2011 and we tracked around 250 runners through 15 remote checkpoints all using packet radio through BPQ32.

      I moved out of my house last year and a lot of stuff didn't make the move with me, but I have found the last version of the DOS software. I've also got the source for all the Windows 32 bit versions, which I'll be happy to share with you.

      Kirk Boman, KD0J

      --
      Tyler Griffiths
      N7UWX