[BPQ32] QUESTION #2

  • Art Marshall W1FJI
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2011

      I hate to ask another question but I have been stopped all day with this issue.

      I installed BPQ32 5.2.1.3, 20111018.

      I have configured BPQ32  Large_with_AGWPE.

      BTW, Large_with_AGWPE cfg file is for  1 AXIP port and 2 Radio ports.

      I have hidden one of the radio ports for now with the commands  /*  …….. */

      When I do…..

      Start>  All Programs>  BPQ32>  All ports initialize. So far so good I think.

      When I try to bring up AGWtoBPQ I get the following error

      Bind (sock)Failed Error 10048.

      I have gone back through the docs today and cannot find anything on this error.

      I do have BPQtoAGWPE  port set for what is it,  8001.

      BTW,  It is coming close to Gin and Tonic time.

      Pse advise,  tks,  Art W1FJI

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2011
        Art,

        You probably don't need to run AGWtoBPQ. That allows you to use programs written for AGWPE  with BPQ, and is really only for programs that can't talk to BPQ32 direct.

        But if you do need to run both AGWPE and AGWtoBPQ, you have to change the TCP port used by one of them from the default of 8000. The Bind error 10048 indicates two programs trying to listen on the same TCP port. You currently have BPQtoAGW trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 on port 8001. (127.0.0.1 is the IP loopback address, and means "This Machine").  This is the normal setup, but does mean that you have to change the port that AGWPE uses from the default of 8000 to 8001.

        I don't normally run BPQ32.exe - that program is mainly for internal use when running 16 bit or Perl programs, or if you are runnnig just a node, and don't need any applications.  Starting any of the bpq32 applications will load bpq32. I always run BPQTerminal, so I can monitor what is going on.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2011

          Error 10048 is a error I recieved when I had port conflicts... So go through agwpe and bpq32 and double check...

          You could even install a port scanner like nmap and scan 127.0.0.1 or localhost and see what shows up...