Installation & Setup Instructions for BPQ32 with WinFbb 7.01, TELPAC, UIView...

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2007
      I am posting the following on behalf of Mike Melnik N9PMO who has
      WinFbb, TELPAC, UI-View as well as a easy user connect remotely to my
      AR-Cluster working. I worked with Mike on the phone and together we
      got it going.

      I have updated the folder WinFBB 7.01 Setup in the files section with
      a revised description of the procedure.

      This per Mike:

      I am running WinFbb7.01Alpha, TELPAC, UI-VIEW and a DX Cluster connect
      using BPQ32U_410A
      I run WinFBB in the BPQ Mode
      TELPAC in the AGW Mode
      UI-VIEW in the BPQ mode
      And the DX Cluster is just a connection to an AXIP DX Cluster, all has
      been running fine
      The following is the BPQCFG.TXT Application setup

      Note that the L4APPL= is no longer supported!

      APPLICATIONS=BBS,,*SYS,DX/C XXXXX,TELPAC;
      APPL4CALL=N9PMO-3
      APPL4ALIAS=DXC
      APPL4QUAL=255
      APPL5CALL=N9PMO-10
      APPL5ALIAS=TELPAC
      APPL5QUAL=255
      ;

      The Appl Mask Value in the AGWtoBPQ.EXE/Configuration for my
      application is 0x10

      Comment by N5IN: It's 0x10 because the first application interface is
      via a DLL rather than via AGWtoBPQ. If in this example WinFBB
      interfaced to BPQ32 via AGWtoBPQ, this mask would have been 0x11, i.e.
      the hex sum of 1 and 16 (because in APPLICATIONS= the first and fifth
      positional parms are used (i.e. 2^(1-1) + 2^(5-1)).

      Mike continues:

      Just a Note about the Port MINQUAL= on previous versions of BPQ was
      always available
      The statement just had to be added in, I was using it the 409 Version.

      Big thanks to John Wiseman and Ron Stordahl for their continuous support.

      Mike Melnik
      N9PMO