Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ 101

  • ke7ugt@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hey Art see you on the chat mode soon 73 Rick ke7ugt

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011
        No your not new to packet for sure Art. We used to forward back in the 80's. Welcome back.

        Dave n4zkf

        On Nov 1, 2011, at 1:39 PM, "Art Marshall W1FJI" <w1fji@...> wrote:

        Hello, my name is Art and my call is W1FJI.

        I am not new to packet, but I am very new to BPQ32.

        I downloaded BPQ32, 5.2.1.3  20111018 and installed it on my XP computer.

        I  have done the configure BPQ32 and have performed the loopback test,

        which seemed to be successful.

        So what do I want to do with it.

        I am currently running Winpack with AGW and a sound card interface.

        I would like to use BPQ32 to get out to the rest of the world using one port on the internet and one RF port.

        I guess the next step would be to continue reading the what seems like miles of docs and to try to configure BPQ32 to allow me to do that.

        And I am in touch with a ham in south Florida who will help me get onto their network.

        I hope you folks won’t mind a few questions from time to time. Like where do I find this or that.

        Tks, 73’s,  Art w1fji

      • Art Marshall W1FJI
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011

          Hi ya  Dave,

          Yep that was when I ran a W0RLI BBS with an HF port and two VHF ports out of Scottsdale Az.

          I haven’t played with packet in some 20 years and I have lots of catching up to do.

          Great to see your call and that you are still active.

          Ok, enough of this, I have to get back to the reading and trying to understand everything all over again.

          This ole brain at 73 needs lots of help.

          C U soon, 73,  Art  W1FJI

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2011

            John,

            Thanks for the information.  I am currently looking at  BPQ_AGWPE_LARGE.

            I have that on the XP computer and your instructions on my laptop going back and forth.

            Time to get back to it.

            Tks  agn, 73,  Art W1FJI