RE: [BPQ32] Re: tnc3 ??

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
      RE: [BPQ32] Re: tnc3 ??

      Danny,

      It looks like the TNC3 uses the "Standard" method of using the upper 4 bits of the KISS command byte to select the channel

      From http://www.symek.com/down/tnc3soft-g.pdf

      As the KISS-mode in most cases is used in conjunction with NOS, here are examples for addressing the
      two modem ports. The TNC3 will fetch the required "port number" from the upper nibble of the KISStype-
      Bytes of KISS-protocol. To enable this feature, proceed as follows:

      So you need to define two KISS ports to BPQ32, with the same IOADDR, but one CHANNEL=A and the other CHANNEL= B.

      BPQ32 does not have any selective DIGI capability at the moment.

      WFBB/WFBB32  will only send beacons to ports which have an UNPROTO value set. But removing the UNPROTO will stop all beacons, not just those from FBB

      With WinFBB, you can specify which ports the beacons are sent on (using the FBBUIMASK registry parameter).

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
        Thanks John for the info !!!
        I will get to work with the tnc3 :)
        wil let you know if it works.

        tnx from me and pe1sde.

        73 Danny pd0snk

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 5, 2012
          Hi,

          The next version  of BPQ32 should be released in the next day or two. This will drop support for a couple of features:

          1 Use of separate config files for drivers (eg AXIP, Pactor, etc). I have recommended having all config information in BPQ32.cfg for about a year, and I feel that the effort needed to support both systems is no longer justified.

          2 The externel Telnet Server (BPQTelnetServer.exe) will no longer load.  A Telnet Server had been built into BPQ32.dll for over a year, and the old version is no longer maintained.

          If you are still using either of these features, I suggest you update as soon as possible, so you will be ready for the next release. If you have any problems, email me your config files off-list and I'll do my best to help.