Re: [BPQ32] Log File

  • ke7ugt@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2011
      You might try Hank for more info. He wrote SNOS and is a real good source of how things work. W0RLI@... or Listen for him on 30 Meters CW. 73etc Rick ke7ugt

      From: "Charles Brabham" <n5pvl@...>
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:40:50 AM
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Log File

      There used to be something like that for the old GTEPMS program that would even give you the effective baud rate for any particular connection, and tons of other interesting information. It had a really good interface, easy to use.

      I haven't seen anything like that since, and GTEPMS has been obsolete for quite a while, I'm not sure if anybody still has a copy of it anywhere.

      GTEPMS was a BBS program that included a special, separate  version of NOS that allowed SMTP, etc.. It all ran under DOS/ DesqView with DOS BPQ.

      It offered compressed forwarding and had a much better user interface than most of the BBS programs of the day.

      73 DE Charles, N5PVL