BPQ32 and FBB for WIN XP?

  • ve7ihl
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
      Hello, this is Lane, VE7IHL
      I will be soon configuring a replacement packet computer running
      Windows XP, and I plan to try out BPQ32 on it.
      Does anybody know if there is a recent stable 32-bit version of the
      F6FBB program that will run under Windows XP and interface to BPQ32?

      I am starting to search this out now, but I thought I would ask here
      first for maybe a quicker response..

      Or, what are people using these days for w Windows 32-bit BBS program
      to go with BPQ32?

      Thanks
      Lane, ve7ihl
    • hs1lmv@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
        Hi Lane and groups,

        I have tried out FBB 32bit alpha version 7.01.35b which has been used by several BBSs.  Please visit the below URL to get the program and configuration file.  Most of configuaration can be configured on windows base, the existing system files can be imported and/or modified to suite with this version.  If you are running the previous version you can migrate to this version or run both of them and share files (i.e. mail data.

        All driver interface are in .DLL file such as bpq.dll, tcp.dll, tln.dll, agw.dll, etc. that you can easily select from windows.

        http://www.qsl.net/eb5ivb/index_en.htm => for WinFBB 7.01.35 configuration ver 1.7.1
        One of them that I cannot get it work is Auto7P but I hope one of FBB friend can help you figure out how to do this.

        Put BPQ32 on 7.01.35 root/base directory, modify BPQ32 configuration compile it then put bpqcfg.dll in Window system/system32.  Start WinFBB and select interface bpq then they will running together.

        Enjoy your WinFBB 32 with BPQ32

        73 De HS1LMV
        e-mail : hs1lmv@...
                    private@...-ip.org
                    private@...
        packet mail : hs1lmv.#ngk.bkk.tha.as
        Echolink conference node : *THAI*

        ve7ihl <lwforsale@...> wrote:
        Hello, this is Lane, VE7IHL
        I will be soon configuring a replacement packet computer running
        Windows XP, and I plan to try out BPQ32 on it.
        Does anybody know if there is a recent stable 32-bit version of the
        F6FBB program that will run under Windows XP and interface to BPQ32?

        I am starting to search this out now, but I thought I would ask here
        first for maybe a quicker response..

        Or, what are people using these days for w Windows 32-bit BBS program
        to go with BPQ32?

        Thanks
        Lane, ve7ihl

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • ve7ihl
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
          > ftp://ftp.f6fbb.org/pub/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/ => WinFBB
          7.01.35
          > http://www.qsl.net/eb5ivb/index_en.htm => for WinFBB 7.01.35
          configuration ver 1.7.1

          Hello and thanks for the information. I will download and try this
          out. Is the WinFBB32 v7.01.35 fairly stable runningon Windows XP with
          BPQ32?

          Do you need to first install the 16-bit WinFBB software first before
          installing the WinFBB32?

          Thanks

          Lane, VE7IHL
        • hs1lmv@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2005
            Hi OM/Lane and BPQ32 group,

            I hope this will not interfear BPQ32 groups, apologize that.

            First of all please get the file WinFbb701-20-setup.exe install in your system then get the latest update Win701-35.zip and replace the existing files winfbb.exe, generic.dll and ded.dll in the same location.

            For stability of this version I can not imagine but our HAM BBS such as Alan/N2BQF and Jose/I0TVL have used this version.

            You have no need to install 16bits version, you can install this version directly while thw 16 bit is existed and you can migrate your previous mail and user data soon after.

            73 De HS1LMV