dual port Tnc

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
      Quick question for anyone that knows how to configure bpqcfg for a dual
      port tnc, ei kam or similar. If I read the samples correctly, you need
      to have two Ports definitons with the same RS232 port. Then specify
      which port on the tnc is applicable by using the Channel command.

      Anyone done this? Just wondering if my thinking is correct in needed
      two separate Ports statement, one for the vhf side and one for the HF
      side

      Thanks

      Karl,
      KB8DM
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
        Karl,

        Yes you are correct. You need two port definitions, one with CHANNEL=A and one with CHANNEL=B (assuming the KAM is in the default config). You may want to change paclen and the timing params for the HF port.

        73, John G8BPQ

        Quick question for anyone that knows how to configure bpqcfg for a dual
        port tnc, ei kam or similar. If I read the samples correctly, you need
        to have two Ports definitons with the same RS232 port. Then specify
        which port on the tnc is applicable by using the Channel command.

        Anyone done this? Just wondering if my thinking is correct in needed
        two separate Ports statement, one for the vhf side and one for the HF
        side

        Thanks

        Karl,
        KB8DM

        [Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]
      • ken_and_billie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6 8:39 AM
          I have been very successful operating DOS BPQ like this for several
          years. Using both a KAM Plus and a KPC-4. But when I tried to replace
          the KPC-4 with a KAM XL it failed. BPQ seems to not be able to switch
          the ports on the KAM XL.

          73, K.O. N0KFQ