Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32 and Winpack [5]

  • Jim WU3V
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 7, 2011
      Cool I have dome stuff to send him but I lost ma address book when I moved to MS. Please ask him to call me at 662-609-9767 and I'll send the stuff.

      My new address is wu3v@...

      Jim

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 7, 2011, at 8:32 AM, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

      Hi Jim WU3V,

      Worked with Dave McGinnis yesterday and we got the MARS Station fully operational at the State of Montana DES. Voice and Pactor III. Checked into voice net, did some training, registered station on Winlink/rx/tx messages,  and all is working well.  David says howdy and wishes you well. Same from me !!!

      Cheers Bill K7MT
      Enjoy life, it does have an expiration date !!
    • g4fvg
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04