Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32 and Winpack [5]

  • Jim WU3V
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 6, 2011
      I cannot do 80 metres, not enough room on the lot, and no tower it is a rental house. I could linear load the radiator and reduce the length
       to around 90 feet, but the trees height is just at 40 feet or so.
      Linear loading of 20-30% will reduce the radiator efficiency of only 2-5%, I usually use 3" spaced ladder line..
      I have antennas on 40, 30, and 17.
      I swept the antenna with a Rhode and Schwartz FSH spectrum analyser;it has about a -20 db return loss on 20 (low vswr),
      but I am not sure it would be efficient on that band it is a parallel dipole with 3 wires, closely spaced, I am sure there is some mutual inductance.
      3.5 would not be usable, I do not use an antenna tuner.
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!
        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is