Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32 and Winpack [5]

  • Jim WU3V
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 5, 2011
      John does the switch support the dragon modem? I just received mine from Martin. Pity our regs do not all that on ham bands but it is ok on MARS.
      Your tracker code works great at my station. I like their stuff
      Jim

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 5, 2011, at 2:47 PM, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

      Mike,

      APPLMASK is used by nearly all BPQ32 programs, not just HostModes, so it is worth getting to grips with it. APPLMASK has a bit set for the Application number(s) the program supports. Written in Binary, the Masks are 00000001 00000010 00000100 00001000 etc. This may seem a convoluted way of doing it, but a program can support more than one application. For example BPQMailChat supports both a BBS and a Chat Server. So if the BBS was APPL1 and CHAT APPL 4, the applmask would by 00001001 = 9.

      BPQMail could be used instead of WINPack, but people often like to stick with programs they are familiar with. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

      The sample AXIP config is a section of the bpq32.cfg file. The DLLNAME parameter refers to the AXIP driver, even though it is part of BPQ32.dll and not a separate file. It would work just as well with DLLNAME=BPQAXIP, but it accepts either for backward compatibility with old config files. I see that is can be confusing, and maybe I should change it to something like DRIVER=.

      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04