BPQ32 and Winpack [5]

  • g4fvg
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 5, 2011
      Thanks John for the latest assistance....
      (further comments between your reply)

      --- John wrote:

      > To connect from the node/bpqterminal to WInpack you need to set an APPLMASK
      > in the BPQHostModes config, corresponding to the APPL number in the
      > APPLICATION definition for PMS. Remember that the APPLMASK is a bit map, so
      > APPL 1 = ApplMask 1, APPL2 = 2, APPL3 = 4 , APPL4 = 8, etc..

      ** Initially, I was confused by the above but then found the APPLMASK part of the main BPQ Host screen. 'Luckily', my PMS application is still the default nr 1, so the mask setting was the same 'figure'. Not sure about the words 'APPLMASK is a bit map' and then showing that the next required figure increases by double the previous. No doubt there is something in some of the recent documentation that I have still to read! [Should I wish to add anything else of a 16 bit nature!]
      Suppose that BPQmail will do the job of a Winpack PMS.....

      = = = == = =

      > Having a separate bpqaxip.cfg and bpqaxip.dll is obsolete. All the .dll
      > drivers are linked into bpq32.dll rather than being separate files, and all
      > the driver config is in bpq32.cfg. I suspect the comments in some of the
      > sample configs need updating. The latest docs are online -
      > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQAXIP.htm for the axip
      > info.

      ** Hmm, thanks John and will study hard!
      [However, I notice that your document above points towards a
      Sample Config file for BPQAXIP

      PORT
      ID=AXIP Link
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=200

      ... and also refers to a missing BPQAXIP.DLL, so might have to look elsewhere in the documentation for info/solution.

      = = = =

      > I don't think it will help to run AGWPE. Danny was suggesting to you could
      > run AGWtoBPQ.exe, which allows you to use programs written for AGWPE to be
      > used with BPQ32. But as you have UIView32 going, you probably don't need
      > that either.

      Noted.
      Now that Winpack16, BPQ32 and UIView32 are all working over the radio TNC, I will progress much more cautiously!

      = = = = =

      Until the next time, with many thanks
      Mike
    • g4fvg
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12 12:50 AM

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04