BPQ32 and Winpack [4]

  • g4fvg
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 4, 2011
      Thanks John and Danny for your updates.

      Rebooting XP either side of clearing the registry entry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BPQVirtualCOM
      has solved the Vcomm driver problem and I have now got Winpack16, Uiview 32 and BPQ32 working all at the same time by using BPQHostmodes.exe.

      [My original understanding of BPQ1632 was that this allowed Windows16 programs to talk to BPQ32, rather than only just DOS programs. Sorry John and thanks for correcting me].

      I have still to get the bpq terminal to work via the virtual port onto my Winpack pms, when typing 'pms' into the node.
      (It comes up with Sorry, Application PMS is not running; even though I can see BPQ received packets on the winpack screen.)

      After that, the next thing to get going is to get BPQ32 talking via the network card to the internet... however, I have already spotted a slight problem in that the 4th line of BPQ32.cfg refers to a file bpqaxip.cfg which I cannot find.... :-(
      I also cannot find the BPQAXIP.DLL file on the installer setup (or anywhere else on my C: drive for that matter) that the bpq32.cfg port 1 (that I have changed to port 9 in my case) refers to.....

      [I've basically added my callsign and two additional KISS TNC ports to the Large without AGWPE example....)

      However, I might try getting my head around the 'WITH' agwpe example as suggested by Danny... :-). It might save having to use virtual ports altogether and allow the BPQ32 terminal to talk 'internally' to the winpack program via the bpq32 node.

      Oh well, a bit more downloading and reading of documents is probably required. Hopefully, there won't be too many questions afterwards!!

      73 Mike

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Danny PD0SNK" <pd0snk@...> wrote:

      > Hi all..
      >
      > When i wrote to use agw i ment use agwtobpq instead of agw.
      > this way you can use all fine options of bpq and use the agw option in
      > winpack and ui-view16 to interface to the rs232 kiss ports.
      >
      > for ar-cluster i use agwtobpq and it works great this way i can set the
      > appl number to 2.
      > this is decsribed in the bpq doc by John.
      >
      > 73 Danny PD0SNK

    • g4fvg
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12 12:50 AM

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04