Re: BPQ32 and Winpack [3]

  • Danny PD0SNK
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 4, 2011
      Hi all..

      When i wrote to use agw i ment use agwtobpq instead of agw.
      this way you can use all fine options of bpq and use the agw option in
      winpack and ui-view16 to interface to the rs232 kiss ports.

      for ar-cluster i use agwtobpq and it works great this way i can set the
      appl number to 2.
      this is decsribed in the bpq doc by John.

      73 Danny PD0SNK
    • g4fvg
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12, 2015

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04