BPQ32 and Winpack [3]

  • g4fvg
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 3, 2011
      Thanks John for your continued interest in my situation!

      After your latest message, I have now found the Related file subdirectory of the default c:\program files\bpq32 directory with the BPQ1632.zip files in (also with a newer bpq1632.dll too!)

      All my files have come from the Yahoo group files section.
      I've downloaded all of the zip files and have been using:
      BPQ32_5.1_20110411.exe (first, then )
      the separate BPQ1632.zip file on the group files area,
      then the separate BPQHostmodes.zip; also on the group files area.

      The last two zip files do not automatically put files anywhere - leaving the user free to place them where they like!

      = = = =

      So, it looks as though my computer installation is in a mess and I will have to try to delete anything to do with BPQ, after doing the un-install again. Then trying to load/install back again, in the order you suggest.

      I assume for my configuration, I do not need the BPQ1632 from the related files section, or from anywhere else for that matter?
      Just the .exe installer and VCOM?

      However, when trying to use VCOM config version 1.0.1.1 earlier,
      when loading the driver.... it comes back with the following four lines:

      - Driver Service Exists
      - Startservice failure Error 3=The system cannot find the path specified.
      - Unable to install driver
      -ControlService failed Error 1062=The service has not been started.

      = = = =

      Appreciate I have tried to start VCOM from multiple places, multiple times, but any ideas where the system cannot find which specified path?? Registry section ?

      Hopefully, after removing all instances of BPQ from the main c: drive, the above failure will not occur...

      The next attempt will be Tuesday night (meanwhile, I have BPQ32 and UIVIEW32 running overnight, so not all is lost! [Just the Winpack bit!]

      73 Mike

      > Mike,
      >
      > You should use the files from the current installer, downloadable from this
      > Yahoo group.. The installer will put files in the proper places.
      >
      > Where did you find the old BPQHostmodes.exe and BPQVirtualCOM.sys? - I'll
      > get rid of them to avoid any future confusion.
      >

      > You need to run VCOMConfig once, to install the VCOM driver, and create the
      > Virtual COM port for Winpack to use.
      >
      > Then start BPQHostModes, configure with a DED port, save the config, and
      > restart.
      >
      > Next start winpack, and configure to use the COM port created above in TF
      > mode.

    • g4fvg
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04