BPQ32 and Winpack [2]

  • g4fvg
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 3, 2011
      Thanks John and Danny for your suggestions....

      Quote:
      Why not use agw option in winpack and ui-view ?
      Danny PD0SNK
      unquote

      If I remember correctly, AGW uses sound cards that need interfacing cables between the sound card(s) and the radio(s). I haven't experimented with three soundcards in one computer but I fear more problems would be created than solved. :-(

      As I have installed a PCI serial port control card, I now have five serial ports to use with BPQ onto existing TNCs.

      = = = =

      For John:
      Somehow(!), I managed to get Winpack[16], UIview32 and BPQ32 working this morning but then noticed that I had different versions of
      BPQHostmodes.exe (2008 and 2011), and
      BPQVirtualCOM.sys (2009 and 2010);
      after installing the latest .exe file into the default XP program files directory and then copying the files across from BPQHostModes.zip and BPQ1632.zip

      Not suprisingly, it got difficult knowing whether to start the virtual com ports in the XP startup routine or to choose BPQhostmodes.exe, then Winpack, then UIVIEW32, once XP had loaded.

      I have now uninstalled BPQ32 and deleted the copied/unzipped files from both the main default directory and my separate directories in the hopes of starting again.....

      I'm sure I am working too hard at getting this system up and running but any thoughts about which order to install/unzip the files might be useful!

      Do I keep the most recent versions of the above files and ignore the older versions?

      Also, are all the files placed in the same default directory or do I keep them in separate directories?

      Meanwhile, I will keep trying and if successful again, I'll leave well alone!

      73 all,
      Mike

      > Mike,
      >
      > I've found Winpack runs best using the BPQHostModes emulator in DED
      > mode. BPQHostModes provides a virtual TNC, which WInpack is
      > configured to use in TF2.7b mode.
      > Any real comms hardware (TNCs, etc) are controlled by the BPQ32
      > switch.
      >
      > I think I managed to get the 16 bit UIView working using a virtual
      > KISS port, but it is miuch simpler just to run UIView32.
      >
      > 73,
      > John G8BPQ

    • g4fvg
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 12

        Thanks John for the further info and I will have a go at updating my BPQ32 after sending this!

        For Ed: Back on 7th November 2014, I tried the emulator but found the separate PMS program for Winpack did not work... quote:
        An external user has now found that, when I use the TNCport emulator in the bpq32.cfg file for Winpack on comport 8, when they connect and type FVG, Winpack [in TF2.7b mode] replies that no PMS facilities are present on that channel [and it opens up a separate terminal screen].
        However, if I use BPQHostmode, they can connect to my Winpack pms!

        - - -
        As a result, I have remained with BPQhostModes [as long as John keeps it working with new BPQ32 versions... :-)

        Of course, if you don't use the separate PMS program within Winpack, then you should have no problems....

        Any more updates Ed?
        73 Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mike,

        The latest code still supports TF2.7b Host Mode, but it is via a TNC emulator built into bpq32, not a separate program. BPQHostModes still works, but is no longer actively supported.

        Ed,

        The BPQ interface in Winpack is to the DOS BPQCode, not BPQ32. You need to use the DED emulator in BPQ to ruin Winpack. My Config is

        TNCPORT

                    COMPORT=VCOM4

                    TYPE=DED

                    APPLMASK=0x04