Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32_409s_Beta_20051218 available in files section.

  • aar0ar
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 20, 2005
      Duane,

      That's good news as that is what I was thinking about, Classic Winlink, and perhaps Airmail oughta work real well.  I shall give that a try.

      On 12/19/05, dshults <n7qdn@...> wrote:
      Jay,
      That's correct... a BBS.
      I've been running BPQ408a for many years. First under Win95 then
      Win98. Winlink Classic has the capability to detect BPQ resident
      when loaded from DOS, using BPQHTNC2. That TNC2 driver cannot be
      loaded in a W2K/XP environment. These two new drivers John
      developed gives Winlink access to BPQ32 in XP.

      I've been testing this setup for a week now and it's proving to
      be both stable and very functional. Winlink has some issues with
      this new configuration, but they're easy to deal with.

      Thank You John!

        ... Duane N7QDN

      <ron.stordahl@d...>

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      aar0ar
      Spokane, WA
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 22, 2005
        I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. When I fire up bpqtnc2.exe I get
        an error message. mscomm32.ocx is not registered. Actually, tried to
        register it but it doesn't seem to exist on this XP Box either.

        Any ideas of what I must be doing wrong?

        Jay
      • Ron Stordahl
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 22, 2005
          I checked and mscomm32.ocx came with my W2K (in c:\winnt\system32) and
          my WXP Pro SP 2 (in c:\windows\system32), however it didn't come with
          W2003Server.

          However I googled it and it looks like you can pick it up readily.

          Maybe it will be sufficient to put in the directory from which you are
          running bpq32 and registering it.

          Ron, N5IN

          aar0ar wrote:
          > I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. When I fire up bpqtnc2.exe I get
          > an error message. mscomm32.ocx is not registered. Actually, tried to
          > register it but it doesn't seem to exist on this XP Box either.
          >
          > Any ideas of what I must be doing wrong?
          >
          > Jay

        • aar0ar
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 23, 2005
            Must have gotten uninstalled somehow when I took off my C# the other day.  Got it and that snag has gone away. Thanks.