Re: [BPQ32] disable a port

  • ve2hom Pascal
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 24, 2011
      Hello John,
      Tnx for the answer, I will re-install my relay on the radio.

      73 de Pascal
      ve2hom

      Le 24/09/11 05:15, John Wiseman a écrit :
      Pascal.

      Transmitting on a port can be disabled by the SYSOP-mode command XMITOFF. but there isn't any way to disable receive. There isn't a timer-driven facilty to disable ports. It may be possible to create a timer driven script to issue the XMITOFF command, but it isn't something that i've every tried.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 24, 2011

        RFI….

        A couple things to try.

        1) Replace all your Television coax with RG6 Quad Shielded coax..

        2) Install a band pass filter on your VHF Transceiver.

        73 Jerry N9LYA

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2011

          Also when I say replace any and all Television Coax.. Especially replace those short jumpers of coax that go between the TV box, DVD Player, or whatever accessories you have inline. As the ones that usually come with those are RF Magnets////

          73 jerry n9lya

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 24, 2011
            John is there a way to turn it back on? There seems to be no XMITON <port> command.
            I assume the only way would be to restart the switch.
            Also is there a command to change the frequency on the hf scanning port after the attach command?

            Jim

            Jim Moore WU3V
            www.wu3v.net
            m 662-609-9767

            --
            Meilleur 73'
            de Pascal
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 25, 2011
              Jim,

              XMITOFF port 1 turns off the port XMTOFF port 0 turns it back on. You are setting or clearing the TX Disable flag.

              Use the RADIO command to set the frequency. See http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/RigControl.htm