RE: [BPQ32] CMS Prompt

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 19, 2011
      I think the question from Ken G7VJA is why the connecting station that is
      trying to forward a bulletin, FA B KB2VXA WW PACKET 7333_VK6ZRT 1227
      Receives a CMS Prompt, it just looks like GB7COW-3 is his Telnet server
      application, and not the BBS Application SSID if used, ether GB7COW
      Applications are may be mixed up or the connecting station is connecting to
      the wrong call sign.

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web WWW.N9PMO.COM
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 19, 2011

        Mike,

        What was sent was

        [WL2K-BPQ.1.0.4.40-BFWIHJM$]
        ;PQ: 66427529
        GB7COW CMS >

        This isn’t a CMS prompt in the normal sense (ie a prompt from a CMS). It is the special format that was needed to fool RMS Express into thinking it is talking to a CMS when it is really talking to BPQMailChat.

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 19, 2011
          Hi John

          Yes I understand that but if I understand Ken's question correctly, he is
          In question as to why it responding with CMS > instead of the BBS Prompt,
          EA.
          de N9PMO >
          [BPQ-SID]

          WL2K responded FS - as expected when sending a bulletin to a WL2K server

          At least that is the way I understand the question, but I may be wrong.

          Mike-N9PMO
          Web WWW.N9PMO.COM

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 19, 2011
            Hi Mike,

            If a user on the BPQMail BBS has the user flag for RMS EXPRESS USER checked marked, the BBS will respond with the login prompt of...

            GB7COW CMS >

            This was a work around for RMS Express so user could use RMS Express to send and rec msgs. RMS Express has since fixed the error and the flag is no longer needed. However, if the flag is still set in the user account....it will still send the initial prompt of...

            GB7COW CMS >

            It should only do this when that particular station who is logging into the BBS is doing so...everyone else would see a normal prompt of

            de GB7COW >

            unless the user flag for RMS Express is checked in their user account, too.

            I hope that clarifies what John was trying to say.....

            Ken KD6PGI

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 19, 2011
                Hi Ken

                I should have tried it here, I would have understood it better, with RMS
                Express
                Flagged you receive CMS >

                What I was even more curious about was what happens with the bulletin trying
                Be sent, the bulletin went to BPQ-BBS and the WL2K Server responded FS -

                John did a great job on the BPQ-BBS so it knows the difference between a
                Packet
                Bulletin and a WL2K Message, I never saw the CMS before as all of my users
                are just
                BBS only.

                Thanks for the clarification.

                73

                Mike-N9PMO
                Web WWW.N9PMO.COM

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 19, 2011
                  Hi Ken
                  Hopefully you have solved the prompt question
                  I checked my settings for G0CNG-8 & GB7MAX
                  GB7MAX had a tick in the RMS Epress User box. I have unticked it and will see if the CMS> prompt has gone
                  on the next fowarding session.

                  regards to all who replied.

                  Ken g7vja
                  gb7cow-3