RE: [BPQ32] Crash!

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2011
      Mike

      First are you running WinFbb 7.00e 32 BIT version?

      And is it failing on the Themas Test, this will be the last test FBB tries
      to go threw

      Mike-N9PMO
      Web WWW.N9PMO.COM
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2011
        On 05/09/11 16:40, n7zef wrote:

        I am having an error on my system that makes it impossible to use.
        It has been running flawlessly up to now. I have not added or done anything to it, but feed it electrons...
        The Error says:
        WFBB caused a General Protection Fault in module BC453RTL.DLL at 0001:1342

        I am using a Compaq Laptop running Win2k. BPQ Ver 4.10.16 Build 8

        I did run scandisk after the error happened and it did not help. I see the error happen when I have a connection to the BBS from the 'net.

        I may not have any users but I like being part of the hobby that will be back...
        Thanks
        73
        Mike - N7ZEF

        Hi Mike, All,

                         One of the problems that came up many years ago was a basic setup fault that caused *some* FBB systems to fail, not the fault of FBB but a configuration oversight from Windows.

        If running WindowsXP or lower, you needed to specify a *path* for FBB to be found.

        Thus, in AUTOEXEC.BAT ( yes I know, you don`t have one ) you need to place the following entries.

        PATH=C:\FBB;C:\FBB\BIN;C:\FBB\SYSTEM, etc etc
        SET FBB=C:\FBB
        SET BIN=C:\FBB\BIN
        SET SYSTEM=C:\FBB\SYSTEM

        There should also be a *CONFIG.SYS* file but not 100 percent needed.

        This *only* applies to running the *16bit* version of windows, you should also ensure you have the latest update which was FBB Version 7.00i I think from memory.

        You could also try running the Linux version of FBB which was last updated on 8th August 2011, for that however, you would need to be running Linux.

        Regards ..... Peter

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2011
          Mike

          You are not supplying the info I asked for, lets approach it a different way, go to Start, All Programs, FBB for Windows,
          you should have several sections, one will be WinFBB and the other will be WinFbb 32 click on the WinFbb NOT
          the 32 Bit version, let me know if it starts and runs ok, we will take it from there, you may reply direct to:

          Mike-N9PMO
          Web WWW.N9PMO.COM